PDA

View Full Version : How mch to charge for a Webpage header banner

John W
04-11-2006, 09:35 AM
The Sports Club website gets 100 hits a day, the club is looking for revenue.

There are a limited number of stores in town where members are able to obtain their goods needed to continue their sport, most members would spend between $3-900 pa in these stores, store loyality comes into it, some purchases are into the $5-10000 range as well.

These same stores are hit time and time again for sponsorship, would it be fair to hit them again for banner ads, the funds of which will support the club, or turn the tables completly around - offer them a free, each a month in rotation, banner ad as a thanks for the support they have provided the club over the years.

Comments welcome

John in Mosgiel.

Jen
04-11-2006, 09:43 AM
If there is very little competition for shoppers due to the small number of stores available, there would be not much benefit for them paying for advertising on your website.

I would go for the free monthly rotation of an advert for them as a thank-you for previous and ongoing sponsorship but also maybe put some small appropriate google ads on the website to generate some income.

TGoddard
04-11-2006, 11:46 AM
I would give a free ad on each page to current sponsors as a form of recognition. I would also list previous sponsors and display their logos (with permission) on a separate page. All you need is a section at the bottom of the page with "Proudly sponsored by...", a listing of current sponsors and a link to the previous sponsors page.

netchicken
04-11-2006, 04:11 PM
John 100 hits a day on the site or the adverts? If its the site, then you get (if you are lucky) 2% click through on the adds.

Can't charge them much for 2 clicks a day :)

Try google adverts, then YOU make the money, and if your pages are well written (ie: well focused adverts) the readers might get something out of them as well.

Laura
04-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Following on from netchicken's advice -

Google ads ideally shouldn't be for products/suppliers who are in competition with your sponsors. That could be embarassing.

Which brings me to - Who chooses the Google ads? Website owner or Google?

Antmannz
04-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Google chooses the ads, but you can choose specific ads to not be shown (your competitors, for example).

netchicken
05-11-2006, 08:00 AM
The adverts are based on the text on your page. The tighter written the topic, the more focused the adverts.

As antmans said, there is a list wher you can add sites, such as competitors, so their adverts don't load, holds about 22 addressess I think in the list.

dolby digital
05-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Don't use Ads by Goooooogle. If a site has Google ads my respect of them drops. Google wants total internet advertising domination which is why they tempt you with $$.