PDA

View Full Version : F1 need tidying up

stingray68
30-10-2006, 10:29 PM
We have 2273 pages, the last page go back to Sept 1998!

Would it be possible to have time limit on Forum article, let say 1 year, archive the rest?

stu161204
31-10-2006, 12:05 AM
I think the admin are still sorting out the bugs see: http://pressf1.co.nz/showthread.php?t=73687 as before the forum only showed about less then that (I think it was the first 10 or so pages then when you went deeper it then showed you all 2273 pages)

Laura
31-10-2006, 05:00 AM

Would it be possible to have time limit on Forum article, let say 1 year, archive the rest?

Maybe I'm dense, but I can't see any advantage in removing old pages & making them inaccessible.
If you don't want to read them, don't.
What harm are they doing?

Enlighten me, please.

SurferJoe46
31-10-2006, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray68 View Post

Maybe I'm dense, but I can't see any advantage in removing old pages & making them inaccessible.
If you don't want to read them, don't.
What harm are they doing?

Enlighten me, please.

Laura:

I actually think there's a little logic there, but the wrong way around.

Let me say it easier.....If there was a way to have topics grouped into neat files and folders, then searching for a certain topic would be a lot easier...especially when someone asks an already hashed-out topic that has numerous answers.

For instance:

Let's say one area would be "Firewalls". The person questioning them would be directed to a thread that is established by tags to find all SALIENT articles in that arena...without using the SEARCH mode, which is more confusing and has 'way too many posts to be read and consummed easily.

I suggest a third page (#'s 1&2 are the two forums).

I know there is a way to get a WIKI running...but that may not be the best answer as most people don't like Wiki's and find them over the top and heavy to digest.

Just a thought.....:)

[edit: maybe not after all...ignore this post]

Jen
31-10-2006, 06:33 AM
The previous version of vBulletin used to have page links for 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and not the current series of 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 1001 > Last . I've asked if this can be changed back to the 1 2 3 4 5 series which is more realistic for when you are checking the other pages.

The forum does have archives which display the posts without the full style graphics. You can find the link at the bottom of the page in the blue horizontal bar.

Graham L
31-10-2006, 03:41 PM
... used to have page links for 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and not the current series of 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 1001 > Last . I've asked if this can be changed back to the 1 2 3 4 5 series which is more realistic for when you are checking the other pages.

"Next" instead of ">", and ">>" instead of "Last" would be helpful.

I often want to go to the "next" page; I never want to go to the "Last". But it's easier to go to "Last". :(