PDA

View Full Version : Websites - How do they display Adverts before the body of the website

John W
30-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Like this forum.

When you open this PressF1 website, the ads are displayed for 2-5sec before the body (messages) are displayed.

I realise Ads pay to keep this site running, this site is way better than another I visit, where ads are diasplayed for nearly 10sec everytime you hit a Forum link, then another 10sec when you switch back to the Forum index http://forums.bicycling.com/eve

John in Mosgiel.

Codex
30-10-2006, 10:16 PM
i suppose it may depend on which browser your using? for me its always body then ads ten minutes later o_o

SurferJoe46
31-10-2006, 03:32 AM
What ads? I never see any...:D

Firefox - XP Firewall - Linksys BEFS41 - AdAware - Spybot S&D - SpywareBlaster - AVG Free all seem to keep them at bay.

I get a Red X in the right column over there -> in what MAY be an adbox...but nothing's showing.

Greg
31-10-2006, 05:16 AM
I get a Red X in the right column over there -> in what MAY be an adbox...but nothing's showing.I don't even get a red x :D

John W
31-10-2006, 07:22 AM
Im using IE6 0 2900 2180 with Tab browsing.

Ive seen the writeups and tried IE7, didnt like the miniscule buttons though, and played up so I removed it.

Would like the Shrink to Fit feature for printing Website pages, didnt know it was there to try.

John.

Graham L
31-10-2006, 02:29 PM
If you watch the bottom status line when you enter this site you will see a call to the doubleclick.com(?) site. That's where the external sponsoring advertisments come from. That call is very early in the code. The righthand advertising column is Fairfax/PCWorld's so it's likely to be part of the page code.