PDA

View Full Version : Eudora

beetle
25-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Sigh.............i updated to the latest new version of Eudora.......

and all the usual features are there....... i see now you can change the sound it plays when you receive mail now...... so what annoying sound can i change it too?? :p

I have one gripe so far, and i cant seem to fix it....... when i get mail usually it just plays a sound.........now it also autmatically opens a tab on the tray and sits there if i busy, but if not up it pops.........open.. i have searched for a click / untick option to know avail........... i dont mind the sound i just dont want it to open when i not ready....has any one got this prob? or managed to fix it?

i have searched Eudora forums, but not found a complaint or fix for this yet........ but as usual i havnt looked very hard.time was short.

Id still reccomend this email client over any MS email prog any day......:D

beetle :D

paulw
25-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Sigh.............i updated to the latest new version of Eudora.......
I have one gripe so far, and i cant seem to fix it....... when i get mail usually it just plays a sound.........now it also autmatically opens a tab on the tray and sits there if i busy, but if not up it pops.........open.. i have searched for a click / untick option to know avail........... i dont mind the sound i just dont want it to open when i not ready....has any one got this prob? or managed to fix it?

i have searched Eudora forums, but not found a complaint or fix for this yet........ but as usual i havnt looked very hard.time was short.

Try going to Options > Getting Attention and check off "open mailbox" and see if that helps..

beetle
25-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Oops i found that tick option yesterday and its made no difference. ...sorry...

i forgot i did that.

i have found a little more info on eudora forums, but not any on the actual problem i have.......

thanxs.

beetle:rolleyes:

FoxyMX
25-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Tools>Options>Background tasks, remove ticks from "Bring error window to front" and "Bring task status window to front".

May or may not solve the problem. :rolleyes:

beetle
25-10-2006, 04:19 PM
nope that dont work either.:p

sigh.............

beetle

beama
25-10-2006, 06:16 PM
now if you used Outlook express beetle you wouldn't have this problem (maybe others but not this one) :xmouth: :rolleyes:

I hope I can run faster than beetle

FoxyMX
27-10-2006, 02:40 PM
it also autmatically opens a tab on the tray and sits there if i busy, but if not up it pops.........open..

The latest version now minimises to the tasktray - does Eudora still jump out at you when new mail arrives when it is minimised?

If it does you will just have to keep busy, that's all. :p

FoxyMX
27-10-2006, 02:43 PM
it also autmatically opens a tab on the tray and sits there if i busy, but if not up it pops.........open..

The latest version now minimises to the tasktray - does Eudora still jump out at you when new mail arrives when it is minimised?

If it does you will just have to keep busy, that's all. :p

R2x1
27-10-2006, 09:29 PM
now if you used Outlook express beetle you wouldn't have this problem (maybe others but not this one) :xmouth: :rolleyes:

I hope I can run faster than beetle

Be afraid beama, be VERY afraid :waughh:

allblack
27-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi beetle,

This thread fits in with my posting earlier this evening.....curious to know what makes Eudora better than Outlook Express?

At the end of the day you open an application and find e-mails......does it make coffee to???:p

T

Safari
28-10-2006, 06:27 AM
Qualcomm is to stop selling Eudora, the venerable email client, and is to hand over development to the Mozilla Foundation.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10/11/eudora_becomes_open_source/

beetle
28-10-2006, 07:56 AM
Well seems lots of people have poked there eyes in this thread but nobody has given me a fix it option.

beama > i used to use OE but like Eudora better............ and really how fast can ya run.:p

R2 im really not that wicked.........:D

allblack...........:D...Eudora is the best...... simple easy and personal to use. you should try it sometime. and i suppose yes really all they do is pick up mail, but some are more special than others, and need more understanding:p and no not last i looked they dont make coffee............bummmer really.

so anyone else got an idea? how i can fix it?

allblack
28-10-2006, 07:59 AM
Thanks Beets,

I've d/loaded Opera and am using that...might try Eudora next.

Still can't figure out how to get my xtra e-mails showing in OE....might leave that for another day:annoyed:

T

Safari
28-10-2006, 08:07 AM
Thanks Beets,

I've d/loaded Opera and am using that...might try Eudora next.

Still can't figure out how to get my xtra e-mails showing in OE....might leave that for another day:annoyed:

T

Tools/Accounts
Click on Add top right and go to Mail
Enter Name/ Email address
POP3 - pop3.xtra.co.nz
SMTP - smtp.xtra.co.nz
Add password in the box
Next and finish

allblack
28-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Thanks Safari......works now!

Sorry to hijack your thread beetle bug :p

T

beetle
30-10-2006, 03:07 PM
On a slightly different note............ now mail either isnt getting thro or coming through days later than sent............ and wot with pf1 being slightly under the weather everything is frustrating to say the least........

So eudora is not working well, the mail is not getting thro. :(

particular email addys are not having mail received from........at all, and others are days and days late. grrh

:rolleyes: not sure if its a me thing or a isp thing, cos they not showing up via web mail either.:(

beetle