PDA

View Full Version : Data usage, will it be reset?

Fishy
24-10-2006, 06:09 PM
On the 26th when we "brace ourselves for the blistering speed of broadband":rolleyes: will all our data usage be reset? What i'm asking is that can I use up the remainder because it will get reset on the 26th or will the speed just change and the data i've used this month stay recorded?
I hope that makes sense :stare:

stu161204
24-10-2006, 07:09 PM
I think you will find on Oct 26th not everyone will be switched to these new broadband plans & I think you will be switched at the end of your bandwidth period (like what they did when 3.5M came out)

Imagine if everyone was switched to these new broadband plans on the same day as everyone else, it would be chaos!

Fishy
24-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Ok then I won't use it up.
One more question, can I opt to be changed to "Go Large" instead of "explorer plus" like it said? If I can do you know how? Or do I just have to wait until the plan changes, then switch.

stu161204
24-10-2006, 07:25 PM
One more question, can I opt to be changed to "Go Large" instead of "explorer plus" like it said? If I can do you know how? Or do I just have to wait until the plan changes, then switch.

I would sign up here: http://xtraplans.co.nz/unleashed/xtraoctoberdata.html & Xtra should e-mail you when you can go to the new plans

Also check out: http://xtraplans.co.nz/unleashed/ & http://www.xtraplans.co.nz ( you will need flash to view the site) for more info.

Also if your still unsure give xtra a ring :)

Hope this helps

johcar
24-10-2006, 08:12 PM
I just got a lovely email from my friends at Woosh today:

"Hi,

We're just emailing to let you know some great news about your Woosh wireless broadband plan.

From November 1st, your Everyday Unlimited plan will enjoy an upgrade from 10GB of monthly data, to 20GB. That's twice as much data per month, for exactly the same price as you pay today.

This is an automatic, free upgrade. There is nothing you need to do except enjoy the new data allowance. Because you are one of our first customers to join Woosh, you will continue to enjoy a lower monthly fee than our standard price for this plan.

Don't forget - as a Woosh wireless broadband customer, you have access to our award winning Woosh phone service for just $25 per month on top of your current plan.

The Woosh phone is around half the cost of a Telecom phone line, and gives you access to amazing call rates for national and international phone calls. Call us on 0800 4 WOOSH to find out more about how you could cut the Telecom line, and change to Woosh Phone for just $25 a month.

Finally, if you're happy with your Woosh wireless broadband connection, the best way you can thank us is to tell your friends and neighbours.

This upgrade will happen automatically, so just sit back and enjoy more broadband with Woosh.

Kind Regards

Nick Clarke
Marketing Manager
Woosh Wireless Ltd"

Not sure how many customers are on one of the original plans, and don't know how I could possibly use all those gigabytes with Woosh in a month (not enough time in the month to download 20GB at Woosh speeds!), but a nice offer - something for nothing!

Strommer
24-10-2006, 08:52 PM
The Woosh phone is around half the cost of a Telecom phone line, and gives you access to amazing call rates for national and international phone calls.

But how much would it cost someone on a regular land line to call a Woosh phone?

Greven
24-10-2006, 09:45 PM
But how much would it cost someone on a regular land line to call a Woosh phone?

Woosh phones are still tied to a particular region, so calling a woosh phone from your area is still a free local call

Strommer
24-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Woosh phones are still tied to a particular region, so calling a woosh phone from your area is still a free local call

Well I must say: I am impressed. Does sound like a good deal.

thomas09
25-10-2006, 07:25 AM
im with woosh and im getting afree upgrade from 2gb to 5gb

chiefnz
25-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Yes I received an email from Quicksilver/Woosh yesterday.

I'm get upgraded from a 30GB cap to NO cap (with "Reasonable Usage") and it will be costing me $49.95 ($20 less than what I'm on now)

All in all I'm happy with that I guess... only thing I don't like is their reasonable usage policy... they consider reasonable usage (between 12am and 5pm) as 700MB... hardly reasonable I think. It should be something like 2 or 3 GB which is pretty decent.

Of course I could be the one that is being unreasonable.

Cheers

chiefnz

Mike
25-10-2006, 09:14 AM
All in all I'm happy with that I guess... only thing I don't like is their reasonable usage policy... they consider reasonable usage (between 12am and 5pm) as 700MB... hardly reasonable I think. It should be something like 2 or 3 GB which is pretty decent.

Of course I could be the one that is being unreasonable.
Other way around :) between 5pm and 12am is the reasonable use period... the rest of the time (the other 17 hours) you can download as much as you want.

Mike.

Strommer
26-10-2006, 09:36 AM
im with woosh and im getting afree upgrade from 2gb to 5gb

I'm with Slingshot and getting an extra 22 Gb for free. :cool:
Had a 3 Gb cap, now getting 25 Gb. :D
Only 256/128 but its doing me just fine vs dialup.