PDA

View Full Version : DV capture from JVC DVcam to disk

manu
22-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Friends from overseas have not brought their CD with 'Imagemixer' program. We are unable to capture their DV from cam to hard disk via USB. The JVC cam has no DV link (and I don't have firewire)
Any other software options available to capture the video?
I suspect that 'Imagemixer' is hard-wired for JVC/Sony DV cameras and that other USB capture software won't hack the connection... but someone might know what we can use :)

R2x1
22-10-2006, 09:07 PM
You could try here <http://www.pixela-1.com/> but it costs a bit.

Metla
22-10-2006, 09:22 PM
If your running XP then the bundled Movie Maker will work fine, If your not on XP then you can use Virtual Dub.

Anyhow, The issue is a driver for the camera, The PC won't know what its talking to, The driver should be on the cd...which you dont have....so grab it from the jvc site.

Also worth noting that (from what I have seen) using a USB cable restricts the footage to mpeg1 quality.

Mike
23-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Seems very odd for a DV camera to not have a DV (firewire) port... I'd double check there isn't one there.

I can capture from my Sony camera via USB through an application called Stoik Capture (or something along those lines). I did need to install a driver for the USB first though - got one off the net (I had lost the CD temporarily) and it worked fine. You don't get a very high res video through USB though - I think mine comes through at about 320x240 and not great quality (nothing compared to when I pull it down through firewire... I bought a firewire card to do this - it was well worth the $30).

Cheers,
Mike.