PDA

View Full Version : How do you fix Activex

qwerty
20-10-2006, 07:34 AM
I run Nortons Utilities, one of their better programs, to help fix my computor problems when uninstalling programs that do damage. Alas over the years I have amassed 18 Activex problems. This can do serious damage to computor start ups. Does anyone know anything about Activex in what it actually does do and how it can be fixed?:help: I have heard of others completely removing it, but it doing so does nothin for playin games apparently.:horrified

pctek
20-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Use a different browser to IE.

tweak'e
20-10-2006, 09:36 AM
activeX is actually system wide not IE only.

if useing nortons windoctor you can just let it repair them. otherwise you will need to be more specfic on what the problems are.

qwerty
20-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Yes i do use Nortons Windoctor to repair activex. I have looked closer at windoctor to find most of the activex problems are invalid entries :confused: . Nortons Windoctor can not repair them, hence 18 activex issues. Just what does activex do anyway and is there other programs that will fix them? I have been told by my computor doctor that eventually these activex problems will cause start ups to play up. Is he right?

tweak'e
20-10-2006, 03:54 PM
depnds on what the activeX problems are. it may simply be leftover bits from a program. need details on each problem to know unfortunatly.