PDA

View Full Version : Screen keeps turning iself off on bootup

qwerty
19-10-2006, 02:33 PM
:help: Soon after booting up my screen is intermitently turning itself off. I see a error messsage come onto my screen saying "No Signal" then it turns off although my computor is still running. After about two or three times resetting my computor the screen will stay on :( . I run Nortons utilities but to no avail. I have 19 activex problems (which Nortons can not fix) and don't know if this has something to do with this happening. Can someone help please? By the way just what does activex do and is there anyway of fixing all these activex problems???? :help:

qwerty
19-10-2006, 02:53 PM
:badpc: Soon after booting up my LCD screen is intermitently turning itself off. I see a error messsage come onto my screen saying "No Signal" then it turns off although my computor is still running. After about two or three times resetting my computor the screen will stay on:waughh: . I ran Nortons utilities but to no avail. I have 19 activex problems (which Nortons can not fix) and don't know if this has something to do with this happening. Can someone help please? By the way just what does activex do and is there anyway of fixing all these activex problems????

pctek
19-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Well could be a dodgy graphics card, or dodgy onboard graphics.
As for the activex stuff, Nortons is just an antivirus, you should also run AdAware SE Personal and SPybot too.

Also Hijackthis would also be a good idea.

pcuser42
19-10-2006, 04:02 PM
ActiveX is a software technology that can be potentially dangerous (no wonder, it was made by M$ :D). It can do anything from detecting your OS to installing spyware automatically (this is why it is dangerous).

About the monitor - Dad's computer does this too, but only after a power surge got through. Was there a recent power surge in your area?

pcuser42
19-10-2006, 04:06 PM
http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=73436

lazydog
19-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Just a thought......

I dont have an lcd screen but my crt was doing a similar thing.
It, the monitor, started turning off after about half an hour and then days later it got worse and when i tried to start my computer it would start but the monitor would switch off.
Thought it was my graphics card crapping out.

My problem ended up being blocked fan vents. They were coated in dust. Gave it a good clean out and shes been running good since.

May pay to take a look before spending ya money like i nearly did.

qwerty
27-10-2006, 11:18 AM
I have found my problem as to why it was doing this. I disconnected my optical mouse and walla it now works just fine. I have had boot up problem about a year ago - another mouse was responsible for this too. Hence if you have problems they are generally hardware and not software.