PDA

View Full Version : Airport Extreme as wireless-to-ethernet bridge

technicianxp
18-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Hi there everyone

I want to connect up my Xbox (original cause I don't wanna pay to be a Microsoft hardware beta tester) to my router wirelessly (for Live). I know to do this I'll need either a computer working as a wireless-to-ethernet bridge or a dedicated bridge to connect it up.

Right now what I have access to are two Airport Extreme base stations, and what I want to know is can I use WDS and have one of the base stations act as a wireless-to-ethernet bridge connecting to the first base station on my router?

All help appreciated and if anyone doesn't understand let me know.

muzzle
18-10-2006, 11:12 AM
I think it possible, but have no experience with the capabilities of the Airport equipment. Should work like any other AP right?

technicianxp
18-10-2006, 11:32 AM
I think it possible, but have no experience with the capabilities of the Airport equipment. Should work like any other AP right?

Yes it is, only with a lot of extra features, ports, range and a nice look :thumbs:

I've read a lot about the Airport Express being able to do this, but pretty much nothing about the Extreme (I guess it's just not it's primary role).

Nermal
19-10-2006, 12:41 PM
You can set an Extreme to bridge by unticking "Distribute IP addresses" on the Internet tab. I'm not sure what else you'd need to do in your particular configuration.