PDA

View Full Version : Internet shareing

Ockerr
18-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Hi Guys
This is a new Thread but still relates to my earlier question. In my Server,
I noticed when I go to Control Panel and look in Internet options under Connections, I have my D-Link adsl modem listed there as my Default.
Yet in my client, all I have listed is my dial up Modem that is inside my server.
Should I not have my D-Link adsl listed there as Default so I can connect.
If so, Then How do I get it there. I have tried Add, and New Connection, But there is nothing there that relates to Shareing a Modem via Local area Connection, It lists all variations But none that I can see does it.
Checking the Client this morning I see The Icon on the Desktop says I am connected on the Client, It looks like I am not the only one baffled By reading your replies, its becoming quite a mystery. Cheers

CYaBro
18-10-2006, 01:02 PM
How is the D-link adsl modem connected? Is it using a network cable to your 16 port hub or USB cable to the back of the server?

Ockerr
18-10-2006, 04:19 PM
The Modem Its connected to my server by usb, The server is connected to my Hub by cable, The Client computer is connected to the Hub by cable.
The connection works well. we can file share from either way. The Modem is showing on the client and the server, each says it is connected to the Internet. But on the client, even though it says connected and data is being transfered, IE will not bring up a web page as it dosnt know the connection is there. How do I make it connect? cheers

CYaBro
18-10-2006, 08:48 PM
On the client is the gateway and DNS server settings set to the IP address of the server? The gateway definitely has to be but the DNS servers could be your ISPs DNS servers.