PDA

View Full Version : laptop screen damage

dirtbag
17-10-2006, 07:54 PM
sent my laptop away via courier and had buyer say there were marks on the screen, so got to send it back. Upon viewing the screen from above dead centre (eg looking "down" at the screen) you can see these huge marks on it, almost as if the backlight is hitting glass of different refractive qualities to the rest, and bouncing it out of the screen, funny thing is that viewing it from "below" or from dead centre you would never guess it. This is only with the power on.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix it? Or am I going to have to go to courierpost and try to get a new lcd screen out of them via insurance?

Anyone had any experiences with this procedure before? Does it work, or do they just kind of flop you off because of reason A & B?

somebody
17-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Do you know if those marks were there before you sent it? Given that you haven't noticed it before, are you sure they weren't there already before you sent it?

dirtbag
17-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Oh yes, have been using the laptop heavily for past 6 months and never noticed them.

Any idea on turn around for the cases? I don't want to be left out in the cold without a laptop and without reimbursment for to long

motorbyclist
18-10-2006, 02:12 AM
how did it get scratched, provided it is actually a scratch.. perhaps it could come under warranty

dirtbag
18-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Its not a scatch really, more like actual damage to the inner lcd somehow. And no, it was bought by me ex-lease 6 months ago, so its way out of warranty