PDA

View Full Version : Open Office Writer font size changed.

nugget
13-10-2006, 02:11 PM
When writing a document in font size 12 it suddenly changed to a much smaller font size. It seems to resist all attempts to conform to the same size as the rest of the document.
Can anybody offer any any help, please?

TGoddard
13-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Drag the selection beyond the end of the document and set it to size 12. You may be typing after a size 10 space character.

Beyond that I would need more details to help you. "Suddenly changed" doesn't tell anybody much. Describe everything you can in detail, including what you have already tried when attempting to fix it.

Jen
13-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Welcome to PressF1 :)

What happens if you select that section and pick "clear formatting" from the style drop down selector?

Does that section show a different style when selected or default? Is it just that document that changes font size?

nugget
14-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Welcome to PressF1 :)

What happens if you select that section and pick "clear formatting" from the style drop down selector?

Does that section show a different style when selected or default? Is it just that document that changes font size?

Thank you Jen.
"clear formatting" restored all but one line to the original font size (12) and has enabled me to continue on with that doc in font 12 which it wouldn't do before. I can live with only one line in smaller font. It's only a diary for myself.
The section that was smaller appeared to be the same style as the rest of the doc, just much smaller. And when selected it still showed as font size 12 even though it obviously wan't!
Yes, just this document, an orchard diary that I have been happily adding to for several years!

Thanks for your help.

Nugget

nugget
14-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Thank you,TGoddard.
Im only an amateur at this PC business. but I tried selecting & dragging all over, to no avail. Jen seemed to be on the right track, but still one line refusing to conform!
Thanks for your time
Nugget