PDA

View Full Version : Multifunction help please

memphis
12-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Ok here is the the situation I am on a course to do with my job.

I really need a multifunction print,copy,scan,fax,photo all in one device as the work ones are used by others and can be annoying waiting to use them when you have other things to do and I do not have much space in barracks.

Anything else that they can do?

All I know is I should get one that has seperate ink bottles so I do not have to replace all the colours at the same time.

Any recommendations on makes,models to check out/buy in Chirstchurch please, is REALLY appreaciated as I am on course and do not have much time to do alot of this myself.

An example I started one day at 0730hrs finished at 1700hrs had an assignment to do for the next day finished that at 2330hrs.So I am really tied and have not much spare time to do things.

So please leave advice,tips,help,anything you can think of that would help and I will post back When I am not working or catching up on sleep:(

Thank you.:thumbs:

Speedy Gonzales
12-10-2006, 08:06 PM
I brought the Brother MFC-215C (http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/452df7d30dcbbe04273fc0a87f990713/Product/View/F0571) a few mths ago. Scanning is fast, it has card slots on the front.

It can also copy and its a fax as well.

And it can be updated with firmware.

And there's 4 separate ink tanks.

And it can fax in B&W or colour.

And can be used with a phone/TAM if u have either.

Only thing I dont think it comes with a USB 2 cable. You have to buy it. I just used the cable from the old printer.

memphis
12-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Thank you Speedy Gonzales for your help and link,very hepful and much appricated,looks really good (as if I would know:o ).

As I am pressed for time I will get it ASAP,that is when I get a spare moment and the shops are open!

Hopefully this Saturday,course permiting.

Anybody else have suggestions,or help please feel free to post,as I know nothing about these machines.

For knowledge is power,to share knowledge is wisdom.(my Grandma told me this.)
Speedy Gonzales thank you once again.

Anybody else feel free to share as I dont really know what to buy as long as it has those features and is say between $100-$300 nz $ of course.
I got to go to bed now I have to get up at 0600hrs,yeah not much sleep on this course.

DeSade
13-10-2006, 12:06 AM
How about one of these

Product Details

Product Code: 2379376
Description: PRINTER MFC I/J BRO MFC640CW WIRELESS BROTHER ALL IN ONE
This flatbed colour business machine features wired or wireless networking and can print, scan, copy and fax. Print speed up to 20ppm Black, up to 15ppm Colour. Resolution (print) up to 1200x6000dpi optimised. Resolution (scan) up to 600x2400dpi optical resolution. 100 sheet paper tray. Interfaces: Wireless, USB 2.0 and Network. Modem is 14.4Kbps. It also includes the PhotoCapture Center feature to print high quality colour pictures from the most popular digital camera media cards with or without a PC. 1 year warranty. Please Note: USB cable not included. Order this separately if required.
Availability: 9
Purchasing Unit: EACH
Price: $292.44 +gst

Product Code: 2292548
Description: PRINTER MFC I/J BRO MFC5440CN NETWORK BROTHER ALL IN ONE
This Flatbed Business machine can print, scan, copy and fax. Print speed up to 20ppm Black, up to 15ppm Colour. Resolution (print) up to 6000x1200dpi. Resolution (scan) up to 1200x2400dpi. 100 sheet paper tray. USB & 10/100 network card. Modem is 33.6Kbps. Also takes the LC47HYBK high capacity black ink cartridge to lower your running costs. 1 year warranty. Please Note: USB cable not included. Please order this separately if required.
Availability: 2
Price: $176.89 +gst

Product Code: 2355221
Description: PRINTER MFC I/J BRO MFC425CN NETWORK BROTHER ALL IN ONE
The Brother MFC425CN is a Flatbed Colour Network Inkjet Copier, Printer, Digital Photo Printer, Scanner and Fax perfect for the home or small office. Print speed: up to 20ppm Black, up to 15ppm Colour. Print Resolution: 6000x1200dpi. 100 sheet paper tray. 14.4Kbps modem. 16MB standard memory. 10 page auto document feeder. Network read. Features direct photo printing and USB port (parallel not supported). 1 Year Warranty. Please Note: USB cable not included. Please order this separately if required.
Availability: 9
Price: $176.89 +gst

The last 2 are currently on sale.

Officemax - Corner Tuam and Durham or Peterbrough and Columbo
OR
If your willing to trust and PM your credit card details I will order it and ship it straight to your door. I take no offence if your not willing to do this, its your choice.

If the store doesn't have stock they can get it in, we have plenty in the Christchurch warehouse, thats if you do not want to buy with the credit card.

Your not limited to those models above they are just the best in your range and feature list, we have many other models also.

Neil McC
13-10-2006, 06:54 AM
Had a Brother, now have a Canon, a lot better scanwise,printwise.