PDA

View Full Version : MS Outlook 2003 Password Problem

huigen
10-10-2006, 10:37 PM
I am running Windows XP SP2 and when I run Outlook 2003, I receive a popup asking for my POP3 password. I enter this and place a tick in the Save Password box. But when I click on Send/Receive again, the popup re-appears. :groan:

I have tried the Microsoft soultion in their Knowledge Database and that does not work. I have only one mailbox in my send and receive groups. I have removed the subkey in the registry as alot of people have suggested but does not fix the problem. I have uninstalled Microsoft Office 2003 and that has not worked. :angry

Is there someone out there who has a possible solution to this annoying problem?

pctek
11-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Are all your email settings correct? Is the password correct? You can test that by going to your ISPs webmail online and checking your mail. If it accepts it, then you are using the correct username and password, if not you aren't.

huigen
11-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Yes. the settings are correct. My slingshot account logs me in using the same settings as my outlook does. It only happens when I try to receive emails. Sending emails works fine. This problem is very recent. I do have Nortons Internet Firewall 2006 and Systemworks 2006 and these have been setup correctly. I don't beleive it is a firewall problem either. What else could you suggest?:badpc: