PDA

View Full Version : No Programs shown in toolbar when minimized

Gordon
02-10-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm using Windows XP. When I minimize a program, it no longer appears in the toolbar area on the pop up task bar. I still have a start button, quick launch and start menu but no programmes are shown. I spent ages trying to figure out how I disabled this function so I could get it working again but I'm now beat. How do I get this function happening again? Ta Gordon:dogeye:

pctek
02-10-2006, 10:05 AM
You can access taskbar options by right clicking the taskbar, and clicking properties. Your choices in Taskbar, properties/options include:

ALWAYS ON TOP - When chosen, your taskbar will be visible no matter
what program you have open, giving you less screen space but making
minimized programs accessible.

AUTOHIDE - When you choose autohide, the taskbar disappears, giving
you more screen space. It reappears when you move your cursor to the
very bottom of your screen.

SHOW SMALL ICONS - You can make the icons on your START menu
smaller, so that you can add more programs to your START Menu.

SHOW CLOCK - When chosen, a small clock will appear at the bottom
right of your taskbar. By double clicking the time, you access the date and
time dialog box.

You probably unticked Show Small Icons.

Gordon
02-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Thanks Pctec but sadly the open programmes are not displaying in the same area as the Quicklaunch toolbar, you know the peice that pops up when one drops the curser to the bottom of the page. I don't know what this is called. (as opposed to the pop up that occurs when the start is clicked) So the click small icons button does not solve the 'No programmes shown" problem but thanks for the advice. Cheers Gordon

pctek
02-10-2006, 03:53 PM
The bar across the bottom is called the Taskbar.
Right click your start button, choose properties.

Click on the tab called Taskbar.
Untick auto-hide the Taskbar.

That way you should see it. It doesn't "pop up" unless you have selected the option for it to do that. I have mine permanently showing.

Gordon
02-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Ah ha. Now thats the problem then. No open programmes are shown on the taskbar. If I have one or many programmes running, they should show up there so I can click the one I want to work on and it will move to the front of the screen but not a one of these can be seen. The start button can be seen. The quick launch icons can be seen and the start icons can be seen but not the open programmes.