PDA

View Full Version : Can't acces "Internet Options..."!!!

Mike.H
29-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Ok this is getting really annoying now, Im having a problem with accessing "Internet Options" under tools in IE. It comes up with a error message stating "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. I am the administrator.... Also I am still able to access Internet options in control panel, internet options but not through my browser! Any suggestions?
Thanks

Safari
29-09-2006, 09:02 PM
If you have SpyBot S & D installed, go to SpyBot - Search and Destroy Immunize, and UNcheck the "Lock IE Control Panel..." box.

Mike.H
29-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi Safari, Yes I do have spybot installed, I just tried unticking the box, but I couldn't find it, I loaded up spybot, clicked on immunize, but couldn't find the check-box, what am I doing wrong?
Cheers:help:

Renmoo
29-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Hi Mike, click "Mode" and select "Advanced Mode". Click "Tools" on the left, then click "IE Tweaks". Remove the tick for "Lock IE Control Panel ...". Here is a screenshot if you are lost: http://imagef1.net.nz/files/helpmike.jpg

Cheers :)

Mike.H
29-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Hi JamesKan, thanks for the reply, and detailed explanation on how to fix the problem, it's all sorted now.
Cheers, Mike