PDA

View Full Version : Azureus help

lazydog
29-09-2006, 10:45 AM
I've had Azureus on my computer for a while now but have no idea how to use it. I have tried to download stuff but can never get it start to download.:confused:

I've looked on the net for help but had no luck. Can someone step me in the right direction.
How do i find things to download?
When i've found something i like how do i start the download.
How do i share files for others.

In the configuration wizard, on test incoming tcp listern port if failed saying "testing port 6881...Unable to test (invalid port givern, or test service failed).
Could this be why i can't connect?.
If so, how do i fix it?.

Thanks, Brian.

Trev
29-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Azureus is the bit torrent download manager, a bit like Getright or Download Accelerator Plus. You need to go to a bit torrent site to download them. When you click on the download button to download a bit torrent Azureus well start downloading your torrent. Do a google search for bit torrent sites or search engines.

Trevor :)

Renmoo
29-09-2006, 12:42 PM
How do i find things to download?
When i've found something i like how do i start the download.
I will address these two questions. To find "things" to download, you have first to download a "seed" of whatever file you want to download. For example, if you want to download a Linux OS (say, Mepis), you can look it up from websites that indexes the seeds available on the Internet such as torrentspy.com. However, for best result, I usually type in "Whatever-that-I-want-to-download torrent search" into Google and it will tell me all the torrent websites that have that particular seed"

To initiate download, double-click on the downloaded seed once it is downloaded. Azureus will prompt which directory do you wish the file to be saved. Select a folder and you are done!

Cheers :)

bob_doe_nz
29-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Your ADSL router is blocking the Port 6881 and maybe your firewall too.
You need to log in to the router, add in an exception for the port blocking to allow it and then retry again.

It might help to give your router model.

CYaBro
29-09-2006, 01:21 PM
I would also change the port 6881 to something else as your ISP might limit the bandwidth on that default port. Try something like 16882, that's what I use.

lazydog
29-09-2006, 03:26 PM
I would also change the port 6881 to something else as your ISP might limit the bandwidth on that default port. Try something like 16882, that's what I use.

Just gave that a try but still getting same error.

Will have ago at what you said Bob_doe but not sure what setting to change in my router?.
Bit more help please:)

bob_doe_nz
29-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Give us the make and model of your router

lazydog
29-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Doh!

It's a bog standard, xtra provided, D-Link 302G modem.

lazydog
29-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Had a look around but can't see no option for "add in an exception for the port blocking to allow it"

Heres a screenshot (http://imagef1.net.nz/files/modem_options.jpg) of the modems options

Any idea on where i could look. (think i've left myself wide open there:o )

CYaBro
29-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Haven't got a 302G in front of me at the moment but from memory you have to go to the NAT section then choose RDR (Redirect) and set it up from there.

This (http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DSL-302G/Azureus.htm) page might help.

lazydog
29-09-2006, 04:26 PM
This (http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DSL-302G/Azureus.htm) page might help.

Certainly got me pointed in the right direction. Thanks,:thumbs: