PDA

View Full Version : Hi ... any Dunediners among you with a DFI NF4 motherboard ... ?

UltraX
28-09-2006, 07:39 PM
If you're from Dunedin, have a Nforce 4 mobo and want to make a few (a few) bucks, leave a message here!

Whats happened to my broke ass is: the other day I flashed my DFI sli-d with winflash and it got corrupted. I tried the wait 24 hours resetting bios thing but it's still corrupt. I'll shoot you a few bucks if I could come over and drop my cmos chip inside your mobo once it's up and running, reflash it, then put yours back in. Should only take 10-15 minutes. I'd be VERY grateful. Long shot yes but i've got no other options. PLEASE!

Thanks for looking
---

Pete O'Neil
29-09-2006, 12:02 PM
It would probably be a nice idea to mention to anyone considering helping you out that what your asking them to do is potentially dangerous to their motherboard. If a hot flash goes wrong it could kill the other persons motherboard.

A better option would be to attempt to buy a new BIOS chip directly from DFI.

tweak'e
29-09-2006, 12:22 PM
most modern bios can do blind reflash (they have a part which doesn't get flashed enabling them to run and be flash in case of corrupted bios). check the instructions on the manufactures web site.

UltraX
29-09-2006, 11:57 PM
Actually thanks anyway but I managed to get it going again, thanks to an additional 20 minute CMOS clear, after the first 48 hour clear didn't do it. Running the new bios too weirdly enough.

I'm not convinced that the hotflash is potentially damaging to the "good" motherboard unless maybe you're a klutz and break some pins off the flashrom or something.

The_End_Of_Reality
30-09-2006, 12:34 AM
NEVER use Winflash, that is what caused all of your troubles... it is VERY easy to flash a DFI board, it is at the touch of one button (literately) and you are done, doing it from within is very dangerous and as you now see can lead to corrupt BIOSes...