PDA

View Full Version : "messenger Service" pop up

gumby0000
25-09-2006, 09:25 AM
I just completed reinstalling windows xp and now i keep getting this little pop up error box saying its " message from subsystem to error " then goes on to say i have critical errors on my disk and it should be fixed.
but every time it comes up its different and the web site stated on the message is different.

Ive got Registry mechanic and i run it every time it pops up and sure enough theres problems in the deep scan...

How could i be getting so many reg problems?

cheers:help:

drcspy
25-09-2006, 10:31 AM
windoze stupid messenger 'service', (not to be confused wiht microsft messenger) is SPAMMING YOU.......kill it off by downloading and running this app:

http://www.grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm

gumby0000
25-09-2006, 07:10 PM
I did that and it worked for a while and it started again!!

Howcome i keep getting registry errors????

cheers

Jen
25-09-2006, 07:31 PM
If you are getting popup windows advertising the same product, then you probably have spyware.

Did you install all the latest security and critical patches after reinstalling Windows? Have you got a firewall turned on? Do you have any reputable antispyware programs (such as Spybot Search & Destroy or Ad-awareSE)?

What sort of registry errors is Registry Mechanic giving each time?

Pancake
25-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Se if this helps....

Click Start > Run and type "services.msc" (no quotes) in the Open: line and click OK

In the right pane, scroll down to Messenger.

Double click Messenger and click the General tab.

Under Service Status: click the Stop button.

In the Startup Type: drop down box, select Disable.

Click Apply and OK.

tweak'e
25-09-2006, 10:46 PM
the other thing is to update XP, messanger service is turned off by default with sevice pack 2.