PDA

View Full Version : Printing a message on postcards...

bigmit37
24-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Is there some MSWORD format I can use to help me print a message on postcards?

And I have a HP DeskJet 3915. Not sure if I would need a better printer.

Thanks for your help,

bigmit

Graham L
24-09-2006, 02:22 PM
If the printer can feed the cards there should be no problem. You might have to feed them manually.

Just set the page size suitably, and compose the message normally. (Check the Printer Properties before printing, and make sure that it knows the size, too. You might need to set the "landscape" option too.)

Try on normal paper until it looks as if it's all correct; the cards probably cost more than paper.

godfather
24-09-2006, 06:07 PM
The type of cards may have an effect on outcome as well, some act like blotting paper and some are OK.

bigmit37
25-09-2006, 08:22 AM
Alright guys. Thanks a lot. I am going to mess around and hopefully figure it out.

bigmit37
02-10-2006, 04:26 PM
If the printer can feed the cards there should be no problem. You might have to feed them manually.

Just set the page size suitably, and compose the message normally. (Check the Printer Properties before printing, and make sure that it knows the size, too. You might need to set the "landscape" option too.)

Try on normal paper until it looks as if it's all correct; the cards probably cost more than paper.

How exactly can I change the margins to fit 4 by 6 on MS word?

I am novice at these things.

It seems my printer does take postcards.

Thank you.

somebody
02-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Usually you can find it in File-Page Setup-Paper-Paper Size.

Sometimes it'll have a 4" by 6" predefined, otherwise you can specify it under "Custom".