PDA

View Full Version : firefox problem

alsoslick
20-09-2006, 12:07 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/alsoslick/untitled.jpg
see the grey area from the start menu toolbar up to where the web page starts? does anyone know how to get rid of that?

CYaBro
20-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Is it still there if you press F11 to put Firefox into full screen mode?

alsoslick
20-09-2006, 12:36 PM
It still has the grey on the bottom even in full screen. The older version never had this

wmoore
20-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Does this happen in safe mode ?

alsoslick
20-09-2006, 04:10 PM
yes. safe mode and regular

kjaada
20-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Have u tried:
File
Page Options
Header Footer ?

Jen
20-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Ah ha! I've seen (heard) about this before. The clue is the wee red ^ symbol displaying on the left in the grey area. What extensions do you have installed? Try disabling them one by one (start with any Tab extensions) and see if this resolves it.

Although I thought starting Firefox in its Safe Mode (not the computers Safe Mode) disabled all extensions by default ...

Jen
22-09-2006, 06:17 PM
alsoslick, did this work for you? You have been around the forum long enough to know that providing feedback to the posts or replying to any question is generally a good mannered thing to do. :)

Laura
22-09-2006, 11:53 PM
I'm interested to know that as well.

Warlock
03-10-2006, 01:09 AM
different person, same problem
tried disabling the extentions that i have installed, adblock is the only one.
disabled it and restarted firefox.
this did not help.
uninstalled and reinstalled firefox.
still not working.
any other suggestions?

thanks,

Warlock

cebo
04-10-2006, 10:03 PM
This happens to me with linux, usually after a version upgrade. Not too sure if my solution can help you with your windows though.

I have to remove the firefox profile, which on a linux box is found in the folder ~/.mozila/firefox/[random_string_of_letters].default. If memory serves me correctly, on windows this will be somewhere in the 'documents and settings' folder, and I believe uninstalling firefox won't get rid of it.

This is the folder that contains all your firefox settings, so if you get rid of it say goodbye to your cookies, bookmarks and passwords. It pays to copy this folder somewhere else instead, and then copy back in things like cookies and bookmarks as needed. You will have to reinstall any themes and extensions though.