PDA

View Full Version : Xtra webmail problems

user
19-09-2006, 10:56 AM
I have been having problems accessing xtra webmail. On my home computer, I have tried using Opera, Firefox and IE6. All have problems. Opera and IE can access my mail but the site says I don't have Javascript enabled so I can't delete the mail or anything else requiring a button to press. I have checked the option settings in both programs and js is enabled for this site.
With FF, it says that cookies are not enabled and I can't even see my mail. Cookies have been enabled for this site.
I run Zonealarm as my firewall (if this has any bearing on the problem).
If I access the site on my laptop using IE6, I have no problems. I run ZA on this also.

Now another problem. I use FF at work. It updated yesterday and today I cannot access the site, getting 'cookies not enabled' error. Nothing has been changed in the FF settings. I can still access the site using IE6 from work so it isn't a firewall problem.

Any ideas?

Edit: blasted computers! It is now working with FF at work but I still have the problems with the home computer and have had them for some weeks.

rogerp
19-09-2006, 01:13 PM
I have been having problems accessing xtra webmail. On my home computer, I have tried using Opera, Firefox and IE6. All have problems. Opera and IE can access my mail but the site says I don't have Javascript enabled so I can't delete the mail or anything else requiring a button to press. I have checked the option settings in both programs and js is enabled for this site.
With FF, it says that cookies are not enabled and I can't even see my mail. Cookies have been enabled for this site.
I run Zonealarm as my firewall (if this has any bearing on the problem).
If I access the site on my laptop using IE6, I have no problems. I run ZA on this also.

Now another problem. I use FF at work. It updated yesterday and today I cannot access the site, getting 'cookies not enabled' error. Nothing has been changed in the FF settings. I can still access the site using IE6 from work so it isn't a firewall problem.

Any ideas?

Edit: blasted computers! It is now working with FF at work but I still have the problems with the home computer and have had them for some weeks.

I have exactly the same problem, and it is since they updated their webmail to a new version. Now I can't log in at all without getting that error, even in IE. The only thing you can do is complain to them about it. Currently it is the worst webmail on the planet, so I am switching providers.