PDA

View Full Version : Monitor: Resolution Problem?

Raewyn
17-09-2006, 07:42 PM
I have a E70 CRT ViewSonic Monitor running on Windows 98SE 4.10.2222A with Intel Celeron Processor (400MHz) and 248.0MB RAM. It uses a pc100 systemboard - M748LMRT. Hard drive 40GB with 33.6GB Free Space. Norton Anti-Virus Version 9.05.15 - updated.

When I switched on the monitor this morning the resolution seemed to have magnified. From what I understand, it is "on-board display"? I usually have the display set on 800 x 600 and High Color (16 bit). Display: E70-3 on SiS 620.

I fiddled with the buttons on the front of the monitor and even the minimum settings don't bring the desktop down to size. So I then uninstalled and installed the display drivers and no change. Then I restarted in Safe Mode and the screen was magnified under Safe Mode as well.

I hadn't installed or updated any software or hardware before this problem but installed and ran Ad-Aware after this problem and still no change. How can I get my display back to normal?

Billy T
17-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Right=click the desktop, select properties then Settings and adjust the resolution there. That may help.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Speedy Gonzales
17-09-2006, 07:56 PM
You right mouse on the desktop/properties / settings.

To change the resolution, with the slider.

I would reinstall (if theyre still uninstalled) the videocard drivers again too.

In safe mode everything is usually big, as nothing is loaded in safe mode, besides files, to get into it.

Raewyn
17-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Thank you for your replies. Yes, I've played with the resolution and yes the video drivers have been reinstalled. There was no change to the display in normal mode or safe mode. I think there may be something wrong with the monitor itself? It's like everything is out of whack and even the windows look wonky???