PDA

View Full Version : Clear Harddrive

fritz
17-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Could someone please let me know how to completely empty my harddrive - on a Dell Latitude c640 Laptop. Had some problems installing Windows XP. Everytime I try and install it the installation process stops at the same point; so I would like to start fresh, with an empty Harddrive. Thanks

The_End_Of_Reality
17-09-2006, 11:22 AM
All you need to do to clear it is format it when the blue screen setup asks you what drive and partition you want to install on and select full format, this can take a while though depending on the size of the drive/partition

But the most likely cause of this is hardware (RAM etc) that causes this, not the data on the drive as it is 'invisible' to the setup with being formatted (full or quick)

Or you can try the magincal 'H' key :p always works for me :illogical when it froze I hit the 'H' key and it continued... :rolleyes:

fritz
18-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Thanks a lot David, your suggestion of hitting the H key did the trick. I actually kept it pressed down just before it got to the place where it always got stuck. I have been trying to fix this problem for about a week - got very close to throughing my laptop out the window. Thanks again mate - all the best to you.
Cheers, Fritz

The_End_Of_Reality
18-09-2006, 10:31 AM
No problem :)

Seriously? wow it does work and I thought it was only my PC...

Good to hear the laptop didn't get thrown out the window!! :D