PDA

View Full Version : no CD burner is detected WMP10

JackStraw
15-09-2006, 12:40 PM
I've searched just about everywhere for an answer to this,
This has just recently started happening, I want to burn a playlist to cd to play in the car but WMP 10 says no CD burner is detected. I have 2 burners;
1 Lite-on combo sohc 5232k
2 Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-109
Both work fine with other burning software, deepburner and Nero but
WMP10 detects neither of these, could this be the dreaded DRM kicking in? Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Thanx in advance for any help

Trev
15-09-2006, 02:13 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/mediaadvice/0053.mspx#ERAAC

Trevor :)

JackStraw
15-09-2006, 02:29 PM
No. that doesn't work. It just says no dvd or cd burner detected, press F5 to refresh player.
Like I said I've looked everywhere and I've already seen this site. Is there a workaround?

pctek
15-09-2006, 05:48 PM
WMP 10 says no CD burner is detected.

I came across this ages ago, had me beat too.
Tried all sorts of things, in the end I did a repair install of Windows and it fixed it. Why? No idea....

JackStraw
15-09-2006, 05:55 PM
I really don't want to do that, knowing my luck it will just screw somthing else up. there must be an answer to this. Thinks, I'll just have to mess about with my registry entries.:eek:

Speedy Gonzales
16-09-2006, 07:13 AM
Is the Imapi CD burning com service running (on manual), under services in control panel?

Not disabled?? As WMP relies on this service (to be enabled).

pctek
16-09-2006, 08:59 AM
I really don't want to do that, knowing my luck it will just screw somthing else up. there must be an answer to this. Thinks, I'll just have to mess about with my registry entries.:eek:

Its a repair not a full install.
Boot off the CD, choose Install (enter) on the first choice, choose R (Repair) on the second choice.
It doesn't affect any of your stuff or desktop or anything.

Speedy - dunno about his services but in the case I had it was enabled.

JackStraw
16-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Hm, I checked services and yes IMAPI service was not running, even 'tho it was set as automatic, this may have a bearing on the problem (another service that IMAPI is dependent on?) I shall dig a little deeper but in the last resort I will do a repair it's just that I want to understand the problem rather than just fix it. I probably won't use it anyway but it may come in handy one day.
Cheers JS