PDA

View Full Version : Woosh Quickfire

gum digger
15-09-2006, 01:21 AM
Hi
I was just checking woosh website and came across Woosh Quickfire, http://www.woosh.com/ContentClient/Quickfire/Quickfireinfo.aspx. they have similar plans to xtra and ihug.
Has anyone got this?.
Does telecom/xtra shortage affect this?.

because i am sick of these international traffic shortage.

chiefnz
15-09-2006, 08:04 AM
I am on the Orbit 30 plan. I have been ever since the "new" ADSL speeds came into effect. I have had a look at quite a few ISP's and I think that Quicksilver is one of the better ones out there. A 30GB international cap is brilliant and there's no confusion about peak and off peak usage. Just simply connect-->surf-->download. I have yet to reach 25GB in a month (most I've done in a month is 23GB)

In my opinion Quicksilver's plans represent very good value for money and it is quite hard to find a similar or better deal. I do wish the speeds would increase (both up and down) that would make it the proverbial perfect internet plan.

Cheers

chiefnz

pctek
15-09-2006, 08:10 AM
10Gb for $69.95? Plus $10 if you don't use tolls with them? Seems pretty expensive to me.

bob_doe_nz
15-09-2006, 08:46 AM
Meh, I switched from QSI to Xnet. For $42.95 you get 10 gigs. And if you do the overage option to $52.95 you get 20 gigs. much more bandwidth than QSI

gum digger
15-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Guys i am talking about quickfire not quicksilver.

chiefnz
15-09-2006, 12:20 PM
10Gb for $69.95? Plus $10 if you don't use tolls with them? Seems pretty expensive to me.
I was referring to their 30GB plan which gives you more value for money; it has reasonable speed (no thanks to Telecom) and a healthy data allowance. Anyone who chooses the 10GB (3.5/128) plan needs to have their head read, you would be a fool not to see that the Orbit 30 is a good package. I think those prices are if you DON'T have toll calls with them, despite the disclaimer. I'm on the Orbit 30 plan and I pay $69.95 and I don't have toll calls through the ISP. Having said that if it came down to the Orbit 10 and the Orbit 30... the Orbit 30 still makes more sense any way you look at it, even if they both cost $10 more.

Guys i am talking about quickfire not quicksilver.
Woosh has recently bought Quicksilver Internet, Woosh is simply marketing the Quicksilver product.... merley a case of re-branding.

rogerp
15-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Woosh AKA Quicksilver plans are expensive. Quicksilver is also unreliable and offer poor support based on my previous experience.
Slingshot is far better value.

chiefnz
15-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Woosh AKA Quicksilver plans are expensive. Quicksilver is also unreliable and offer poor support based on my previous experience.
Slingshot is far better value.
Really? In my 4 years with them I've never had a problem and always had my calls answered very promptly. Unto each his own I guess.

Cheers

chiefnz