PDA

View Full Version : Hitman Pro and Spybot

Canadian Jake
14-09-2006, 10:20 PM
I used to use Hitman Pro and Spybot, but I got rid of them. The reason?
Spybot would keep telling me that there was an important registry change, and I would keep denying it....but it would not go away until I finally accept the change........and I don't even know what I'm accepting. That's why I got rid of the spybot. As for the Hitman Pro, when the Spyware Doctor scans my computer, it finds viruses.....trojans and things, but when I scan it with avast, it doesn't find a thing. I also use Ad aware SE and it doesn't find anything either. Should I be concerned......and should I just purchase the Spyware Doctor? I'm skeptical sometimes with these anti virus and spyware programs. I think there are many false positives, just so you'll cough up the bucks to buy their software. Any advice? Thanks

Rob99
14-09-2006, 11:50 PM
Hitman = spyware, you should remove!!

Spybot and Spyware doctor = good programs
Ad-aware = OK program, not as good as the above

pctek
15-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Spybot would keep telling me that there was an important registry change, and I would keep denying it....but it would not go away until I finally accept the change........and I don't even know what I'm accepting.

when the Spyware Doctor scans my computer, it finds viruses.....trojans and things, but when I scan it with avast, it doesn't find a thing.

Then you should have deleted the Registry entry - not Spybot.

As for your second comment there about Spyware Doctor - you have answered you own question. Trust Avast.