PDA

View Full Version : TV Tuner card shows B&W only

stevesumner
14-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Hello,

I have recently installed XP Pro and installed the drivers for my TV Tuner card but I can only get B&W. I have XP home on a second hard drive and I get colour when I view TV on there. I am using the same software on both (Intervideo WINDVR 3 as well as HVCPlus), and the same drivers, TV Tuner card and graphics card, obviously (same Graphics drivers too, latest from NVIDIA).

What's the story? Why only B&W?

I thought it might be DirectX so installed the latest, also installed SP2, and Windows updates, plus WMP 11.

Am I missing some codecs?

I did notice the legacy drivers were still showing in Device Manager, could that be a problem? There is no option to uninstall the legacy drivers so if that is the reason, could someone tell me how to uninstall them?

Cheers

gcarmich
14-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Make sure its set to PAL-B/G and not one of the other PAL settings.

stevesumner
14-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Yeah, got a Pixelview PlayTV Pro and when the PC restarts you have to set the country and the format etc, I definitely chose Pal B but still only get B&W.

stevesumner
16-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Just also discovered that Windows Media Player 11 plays a video file in only black and white whereas the same file played in Nero is in colour, this is for .avi and .mpeg files. VLC plays the same files in black and white too. Any ideas?

stevesumner
13-10-2006, 04:20 PM
In case anyone was wondering what the problem was, it was my NVIDIA graphics card setting saturation to minimum. Found the answer in another forum. Have no idea why it was set to minimum as I hadn't changed it. I find fullscreen overlay often gets disabled by itself which is really annoying when I want to watch something on my TV and I have to go back and reset the fullscreen overlay to secondary device every time!