PDA

View Full Version : Creating Multiple Files in Excel

GrahamB
14-09-2006, 08:12 AM
I have a need to create a numerical sequence of files based on a Master Spreadsheet file.

Is there an easy way to do this other than one at a time?

TFYH

Graham Bockett

Parry
14-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Yes thats possible Graham with VBA code which I could write for you if you want. What data is being written to the files or are you meaning to make multiple copies of an Excel file but just with lots of different names?

regards,
Graham

GrahamB
18-09-2006, 11:07 PM
Hi Parry

I have written a file in Excel which I plan to use as a Job Sheet. Each sheet needs to be sequentially numbered, either literally, or as a YearMonthNumber system (0610001,0610002, etc).Part of the sheet will include a LOOKUP formula back to a separate spreadsheet file.

Because more than one person will be accessing the Job Sheets on a network, they need to be separate files rather than multiply sheets within a file.

Will certainly appreciate your assistance.

If you wish to send a file directly, please email to graham@chl.co.nz

Regards

GrahamB

Parry
19-09-2006, 06:37 AM
Hi Parry

I have written a file in Excel which I plan to use as a Job Sheet. Each sheet needs to be sequentially numbered, either literally, or as a YearMonthNumber system (0610001,0610002, etc).Part of the sheet will include a LOOKUP formula back to a separate spreadsheet file.

Because more than one person will be accessing the Job Sheets on a network, they need to be separate files rather than multiply sheets within a file.

Will certainly appreciate your assistance.

If you wish to send a file directly, please email to graham@chl.co.nz

Regards

GrahamB

Hi Graham, it shouldnt be too hard to do for you. The nature of code is that you need to be specific about what actions you take so while I could create an example and send it to you it would have to be adapted to suit your layout. Im not sure if you know any VBA so its best if you send your file to me with instructions on which sheet you want to use as the job sheet and where the number should go. If it contains sensitive info like names and addresses then just type in dummy values. My email is parryishere@yahoo.com.au

regards,
Graham