PDA

View Full Version : mouse needs a spanking !

ace
12-09-2006, 06:49 PM
sup all ! ..

i got this small problem with my mouse ! ..i bought myself a new computer and was playing "call of duty". while i walk through or anything my pointer just goes bizerk !! .and thats not only in the game , even if i'm browsing my desktop it flies straight to the top left, so i have to dragged it back down to focus ! ..its quite annoying if i'm in the middle of a game or something not to mention everytime . its an optical mouse !!

i tried cleaning the lens under the mouse and also tried so many mouse pads ! ( i'm a newbie in computers so yeah )

any advice would be great !

cheers ! :thumbs:

Brucem
12-09-2006, 06:57 PM
I had asimilar problem recently with a Genius optical mouse, I emailed genius and was told to change mouse pads, currently I am using a piece of cardboard ( the back of a pad) it seems OK
Brucem

The_End_Of_Reality
12-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Hi and welcome to PressF1 :)

The mice at my school are like that, I have figured out a trick to stopping this, my trick is to use the other side of the pad, it is a soft sponge and it is black, it works very well.

From what I recall Genius are a very budget brand and you are therefore asking for imperfections... I have found Logitech to be amazingly good :D but that is just my :2cents: worth