PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry Freezes

magoo
11-09-2006, 04:28 PM
:help:
My son and I both love the game Far Cry and love the graphics\ scenery, but now and then it freezes, gives us a blank screen. We dont want to lower the settings as we love the scenery/graphics.

We have a Pentium iv at 3.4 GHz, 2meg RAM, Radeon X600 VCard. OP is Windows Media centre.

Task manager shows CPU usage at 51-54%, when the game freezes.

I have deleted some items from the startup menu, which helped.

What else can I stop from the Startup Menu though, coz i dont know what the abbreviations are or what will happen. They are:-

ehtray, PSDrvCheck, opware32, vscplay, realsched, PDVDServ, IMJMMIG, atiptaxx, ALCWZRD, ALCMTR, ABoard, KHALMNPR,EzStatus, TINTSETP, HDAudPiopShortcut

Can i shut down some of these safely?

Yep, I dont know much about computers...we play the latest games ok, but cant figure why this one only freezes

THX to anyone who can help

pctek
11-09-2006, 04:54 PM
:help:
My son and I both love the game Far Cry and love the graphics\ scenery, but now and then it freezes, gives us a blank screen. We dont want to lower the settings as we love the scenery/graphics.

Radeon X600 VCard.
What else can I stop from the Startup Menu though,

ehtray, PSDrvCheck, opware32, vscplay, realsched, PDVDServ, IMJMMIG, atiptaxx, ALCWZRD, ALCMTR, ABoard, KHALMNPR,EzStatus, TINTSETP, HDAudPiopShortcut

First with that card you'll either have to turn down the settings or get a better card.
Second disable all of them, you don't need any of them in startup.

Do a malware scan too for good measure.

gibler
11-09-2006, 06:41 PM
Apply the latest Far Cry patch, then try a later driver from ati.com ...

Then try to uninstall and reinstall the game (back up save games first) ... and then (well there are lots of other things to try)...

magoo
11-09-2006, 07:39 PM
First with that card you'll either have to turn down the settings or get a better card.
Second disable all of them, you don't need any of them in startup.

Do a malware scan too for good measure.

thx, have played this game before with no problems on the highest settinds possible, so will disable some of the startups

magoo
11-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Apply the latest Far Cry patch, then try a later driver from ati.com ...

Then try to uninstall and reinstall the game (back up save games first) ... and then (well there are lots of other things to try)...

Have only got a dial up, so patch is ?able.....besides I have previously played the game on hihest settings but on Easy mode. Have already uninstalled the game as suggested...ps thx for the reply