View Full Version : How do I do this in MS Word ?

10-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Refer to this screenshot: http://imagef1.net.nz/files/MS_Word_PF1.jpg

I want the top 'box' (around the text "What the work shows") to extend to the right edge, but to keep the bottom box (the rest of the text) to stay narrow. If I try to extend the top box, the bottom one follows suit. Whats the trick?

10-09-2006, 03:14 PM
um.....use text boxes and you can drag em to any size you want

10-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Hi Steve,
I just had a wee play & used Table then draw Table. This let me do a wide box with the text in & then Table again to get the longer skinnier one.

10-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi Steve. Simplest way, if you have the wording done. After the word Shows in the first part, spacebar along to the end of the line (or as large as you want the box to be), Enter a few times to create the clear space below.

Then highlight the words and spaces and click on Format>Borders and Shading>Borders Tab -click on Box and Apply to Paragraph. The box will appear around all of your typing, plus any spaces you have created.