PDA

View Full Version : Tracking IP address

denisegun
09-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Is it possible to track an IP address from emails???

gum digger
09-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Haha .What have you done!!.

Yes you can

http://www.visualware.com/resources/tutorials/email.html
http://compnetworking.about.com/od/workingwithipaddresses/qt/ipaddressemail.htm

netchicken
09-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Look in your head section of the email, there is heaps of info there about the route of the email and where it came from

denisegun
09-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Nothing. Someone sent me a nasty email and I was wondering if I could find out where or who it came from. I suspect it is the same person who is posting stupid comments on our trademe auction and want to confirm it so I can get him bumped from trademe.

Greg
09-09-2006, 01:18 PM
In your email settings you have to allow it to view full headers. What programme do you use?

denisegun
09-09-2006, 01:37 PM
Outlook Express

netchicken
09-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Go File / Properties, and click on the Details tab.

Post it here is you want and we can pull it to bits.

Graham L
09-09-2006, 02:49 PM
Nothing. Someone sent me a nasty email and I was wondering if I could find out where or who it came from. I suspect it is the same person who is posting stupid comments on our trademe auction and want to confirm it so I can get him bumped from trademe.If someone is posting "stupid comments" on trademe, trademe know who it is. Surely a complaint to them is indicated.

PedalSlammer
09-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Nothing. Someone sent me a nasty email and I was wondering if I could find out where or who it came from. I suspect it is the same person who is posting stupid comments on our trademe auction and want to confirm it so I can get him bumped from trademe.
Trademe is place where everyone buy and sell, of course you can meet jealous people in there by posting stupid comments and all that. NEVER GIVE THEM YOUR EMAIL UNLESS THEY BOUGHT YOUR ITEM. :D That's what I do. You can see all kinds of people in there. Just becareful and don't reply stupid comments.
Here's an example I saw few weeks ago: Watcher comment "you r a dic, lol." and what does the seller answer that watcher? "cheers." :eek: lol. The seller was an arab woman anyway, she was a very rude trader.