PDA

View Full Version : Taskbar

kale
09-09-2006, 01:35 AM
Hi, i don't know why on my taskbar, there are three more separators, which divided my taskbar into several parts. i don't know how to get rid of them. Anybody help!!

Jen
09-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Can you take a screenshot of your desktop so that we can see what you mean by the taskbar being split up?

How to take a screenshot (http://faqf1.net.nz/index.php?title=Screenshots)

Upload your screenshot image file here (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/) and post back with the URL you are given for it.

kjaada
09-09-2006, 08:06 AM
It appears yr answer is in the drop down menue after you rclk on the taskbar background.Not sure what you do then as I do not have windows but I googled
taskbar seperators and got some possible answers.

kjaada
09-09-2006, 08:09 AM
Try here looks like it
http://www.mcse.ms/message1607653.html

kale
09-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Hi, Thanks,all.
here is my screen image: http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/taskbar.jpg
as you can see, each window appeared twice on the taskbar.
Help

kjaada
10-09-2006, 06:29 AM
Did you go to the url above ? it has the answer

pcuser42
10-09-2006, 09:32 AM
When you right-click an empty part of the taskbar, what items are checked/unchecked?

Cicero
10-09-2006, 02:58 PM
View-toolbars-customize.
And therein is your answer.

kale
10-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Yes, i went to the website above, but if you look at it carefully, it doesn't solve anything.

The "customize" is about the icons in the right bottom corner, which have no problem on my screen. The problem is: there are more separators in the middle of the taskbar.

and in the properties of taskbar, i have tries millions of times to check/uncheck the items. but it doesn't work neither. the separator are still there.

So, please, anybody really know the problem.
Help!help!

Jen
11-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Can you drag the extra task bar separator off the task bar and then lock the task bar?

kale
11-09-2006, 12:13 AM
Thank you, Jen.
But i cannot drag them off neither.

Jen
11-09-2006, 12:19 AM
Hmm ... very odd.

You are not running your monitor in a dual mode setup but on a single screen are you? Have a look under Display properties > Settings > Advanced for anything odd.

kale
11-09-2006, 12:58 AM
actually, i can not see anything strange, which perhaps means i don't know if it is strange. :-) Sorry.
should be normal, i've never touch these settings.

Cicero
11-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Yes, i went to the website above, but if you look at it carefully, it doesn't solve anything.

The "customize" is about the icons in the right bottom corner, which have no problem on my screen. The problem is: there are more separators in the middle of the taskbar.

and in the properties of taskbar, i have tries millions of times to check/uncheck the items. but it doesn't work neither. the separator are still there.

So, please, anybody really know the problem.
Help!help!
You must have a different M/S Explorer 7 to me.
By going to task bar at top of page,selecting view,then toolbarn customise,I get a box that comes up giving me the option to have whatever I want in tool bar.
I can move seperators either on or off toolbar,along with all the other icons,none of which have anything to do with bottom right icons.

Jen
11-09-2006, 09:55 AM
You must have a different M/S Explorer 7 to me.You are getting confused between Internet Explorer (IE7) which is the internet browser and Windows Explorer which is the file manager/window manager. The taskbar is part of Windows Explorer.

kale
11-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Yes, that's right. toolbar and taskbar are different. my problem is on the taskbar. but thanks anyway.
still anybody help!!!

Cicero
11-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Sorrymust be more attentive.I was indeed on about toolbar.
Have you tried altering via right clicking task bar-click on properties and seeing if you can sort from there.?

kale
11-09-2006, 09:12 PM
I have tries lots lots of times, it didn't work.
it seems that nowhere can do this settng. i asked my friends, they all never saw this problem before. Is that so strange?
Hope anybody heard about this, and can solve it.
HELP!!

Cicero
11-09-2006, 09:25 PM
This from another forum................

while the taskbar was unlocked, I was able to drag the separators in the middle off the taskbar. After restarting, the taskbar went back to normal, with the language bar in the right place and no duplicate task icons anymore.

kale
11-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Thanks for that, i tried, it still didnot work.

i don't know what does it mean by "drag off", because i cannot drag them off.

i think i found something odd: right click on taskbar, then taskbars, and i found three language bar items ticked in there. one is "language bar", the other two are "The language bar". After i tried many times, i know that "language bar" is the right one to be there, and "The language bar" shouldn't be there.
And after i untick the two "The language bar", they dispeared. but the separators are still there.
every time i start the computer, the same thing will happen again.
so i think the problem must related to the two extra "The language bar". Anybody know this?

kale
12-09-2006, 12:56 AM
Come on, guy.
Help me.
i strongly believe it should have a solution.

suyin
12-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Try turning off the Language Bar completely and see if that helps.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Regional and Language Options.
2. On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages, click Details.
3. Under Preferences, click Language Bar.
4. Deselect the Show the Language bar on the desktop check box.

Otherwise, read Microsoft's KB article on Language Bars (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306993&sd=tech) and Language Bar Icons Overlapping (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828686&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH).

bojobo
25-09-2006, 08:17 AM
i had the exact same problem for awhile. Here's how to fix it.

1. close all active windows (desktop is showing)

2. right click taskbar

3. uncheck "Lock the Taskbar"

4. You should see all the separators (I had two)

5. Drag them to your desktop and they'll disappear.

6. Done!

I hope this helps!