PDA

View Full Version : IE wont display the net

CaptinMoor
07-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Hi there guys and girls. I have a machine here running XP sp2. I can dial into the net and its tells me that I have connected but I cannot view any webpages. I have resecently uninstalled IE and re-installed but that has made no difference. I installed Mozillia for a while before that gave up the ghost and now wont display either. Any other ideas guys.

Thanks

tweak'e
07-09-2006, 09:06 PM
check firewall and do AV and spyware scan.

have you recently had any virus's or malware? (sometimes the lsp's get broken when malware are removed).

Jen
07-09-2006, 09:11 PM
What exactly happens when you open IE (or Mozilla)? Any error messages or are you just getting a blank page? Can you still download or send emails?

Renmoo
07-09-2006, 09:58 PM
I am definitely interested in knowing the answer to this thread...:D

Cheers :)

CaptinMoor
07-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Right, Nope no firewall. Bined that when this started to cause hassels. Yes windows firewall is off to. The only thing that I have running and that boots on start up is AVG. I have disabled the email function because I know that this can cause similar issues.

Right what happens when I try to look at the net. Well it just sits there and does nothing. Then it comes up with a popup window saying

" 'Aleart!' www.google.co.nz could not be displayed"

Thats it then the page somes up with the normal This page cannot be displayed.

HHhhhmmmm Interesting issue isnt it. Got me stumped, so please any ideas would be great, thanks:thumbs:

tweak'e
07-09-2006, 11:01 PM
sounds like a hijack of some sort allright.

post a hijackthis log :)