PDA

View Full Version : Network problem, HELP

notechyet
05-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Hello members
I am trying to sign up(over Mozilla) as a yahoo group member and it just does not seem to work. When I submit for registration nothing happens.
So I tried over IE and then the message comes: The page cannot be displayed
To attempt fixing network connectivity problems, click Tools, and then click "Diagnose Connection Problems..."

I wonder what setting is wrong or what is wrong with the connection??

Is someone able to help me with this??

Thanks

WinSock Diagnostic
WinSock status
info All base service provider entries are present in the Winsock catalog.
info The Winsock Service provider chains are valid.
info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP] passed the loopback communication test.
error Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP] could not perform simple loopback communication. Error -1.
error Provider entry RSVP UDP Service Provider could not perform simple loopback communication. Error -1.
info Provider entry RSVP TCP Service Provider passed the loopback communication test.
error A connectivity problem exists with an installed LSP.

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity
warn HTTP: Error 12029 connecting to www.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
warn HTTPS: Error 12029 connecting to www.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
warn FTP (Passive): Error 12029 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
warn HTTP: Error 12029 connecting to www.hotmail.com: A connection with the server could not be established
warn HTTPS: Error 12029 connecting to www.passport.net: A connection with the server could not be established
warn FTP (Active): Error 12029 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
error Could not make an HTTP connection.
error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
error Could not make an FTP connection.

Jen
05-09-2006, 10:03 PM
What sort of firewall/security applications do you use?

notechyet
05-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Hello Jen
Thanks

I have Outpost Firewall and Avast Antivirus.

Speedy Gonzales
05-09-2006, 10:51 PM
I would say its some setting in your firewall thats blocking something.

notechyet
06-09-2006, 07:07 AM
Thanks Speedy and Jen

Interestingly it worked at some stage:badpc: and I have allready forgoton if I had the firewall on or of. :confused:

Regards :)

Gion