PDA

View Full Version : Burning Pics to DVD

learning
03-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Hello,

I want to burn pics to a DVD-R so that i can view it on TV thru DVD player. Can this be done easily?

IS there some special way to do it in Win XP or is it just straight forward copying to DVD? I want to organise pics in Folders so there maybe 6 diff folder with few hundred pics in each one

My laptop comes with th standar VAIO media suit that lets you burn to DVD. Can i just do it from Win Explorer by dragging and dropping.

Also can this be done for CD-R and then viewed on TV? Will appreciate help and any tips

Myth
04-09-2006, 12:27 AM
I know that certain DVD players (that connect to the TV) will play a DVD with [I think its] jpeg files on it.
Likewise some DVD players will play DVD+R (mine won't but some do). Have a look at your DVD manual. Unsure about the use of folders though.

And yes, you can just copy the files to DVD. Straight forward enough

Strommer
04-09-2006, 08:35 AM
Simple - just drag and drop the folders with jpegs inside. Try a DVD-RW if in doubt. Older DVD players may not handle folders, or even jpegs themselves, but newer ones (last 2 or 3 years) should be fine.

There is nothing special you need to do. Just make a "data disk". Some DVD burning software have "Make a slideshow" or other option, but I have never used this.

learning
10-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the help.

I still cant play the DVD-R after copying the pictures (JPEG) which are in folders. When i insert the DVD i can see the folder names and when i navigate to it and press enter into remote, no files show and get message saying "no audio data"

I have fairly recent SONY DVD Player DVP-NS780V which says on the label capable of playing DVD+RW/+R/-RW/-R

Any ideas what could be causing it. I used drag and drop and did finalise the DVD

Speedy Gonzales
10-09-2006, 04:38 PM
The DVD most probably needs to be finalised as well.

You may need a program that can burn pics as a slideshow as well.

XP doesnt burn to DVD by default either.

Something like Nerovision (A separate part of Nero) would do it.