PDA

View Full Version : 64 bit system

rawkus1020
03-09-2006, 04:08 AM
i just got my hands on 64 bit system and put my hard drive from my 32 bit system into it but i noticed when i save progam files it saves into a system 32 directory or file or whatever u call it is this normal when i did change over i installed vista 64 over vista 32 beta also im having trouble with my sound like none its a realtek ac 97 ive heard people are having troube with the 64 bit system with sound i can change the sound level and all that but nothing seems to be coming from the speakers im pretty sure i got the drivers for it as nothing seems to be showing up in system devices like they not installed:help:

rawkus1020
03-09-2006, 04:15 AM
im starting to wish i never installed vista but i brought my old computer from a shop and never got any disks i got a product key wish now i read more about duel booting os but now i stuck with it i think it a great os but at the moment its got too many problems the 32bit was sweet but the 64 bit system seems to be a nightmare

drcspy
03-09-2006, 04:37 AM
system32 is a 'system' folder. as far as I recall it's not called system64 on a 64bit system....

rawkus1020
03-09-2006, 05:32 AM
thanks mate also can i downlond a copy of xp from ms and use the product key for the operating system if not how u spose to reinstall windows if you got probs and why do they give you no disks with computer but give product keys

Speedy Gonzales
03-09-2006, 07:13 AM
No I dont think u can download XP from MS.
Would be nice, but theyre not that kind.

If u think u should have XP go back to the shop, its most probably on a hidden partition, thats if u didnt kill it.