PDA

View Full Version : NeroVisionExpress to Winfast Xpert card set up?

minster
02-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Hi!
I have a Winfast xp2000 card that is currently working well delivering 6 free to air tv channels to my pc.
I have Nero 6 (updated) and when trying to use the vision express to scan automatically for tv stations through the winfast card it is only picking up 2 stations.
Have tried all sorts of different settings including uninstall/install of nero but it still will only pick up 2 of the 6 that I can get clearly with winfast.
In the channels popup window it is saying that you can add your own channels manually but doesnt explain how, or how to store them if you could add them.
Following the nero help makes it sound so easy and almost automatic, that it makes you worry a bit about your intelligence level when it don't work but after repeating the same things for hours, it's time to call in the experts:)
Any help would be appreciated (and save a few of the last hairs on my head) Thank's

Speedy Gonzales
02-09-2006, 02:33 PM
If all u want to do is get channels and record, get the PVR program thats for this tuner.

Thats if u have the deluxe or expert tuner.

What exactly are u trying to do / want to do with the tuner and Nerovision.

minster
02-09-2006, 02:51 PM
That was fast! (see why they call you Speedy:):D )

I have the pvr program installed but as above there is not a problem in tuning the Winfast xp2000 rm card into the tv channels. I am already using this to recieve 6 stations no worries:)
I believe that using nero (Video capturethrough the xp2000)the programs will be saved in a more compatible format so that I may be able to use nero encoder to compress them to fit on to a 470 dvd or even possibly save straight to dvd?
Movies that I have saved to hard drive using the TV card (Winfast work area) have been 5-6 gb's and I have not been able to import them to nero to compress? (Wrong file format??)
This is all very new to me but is getting more confusing very fast.
As a senior citizen I am not in a position to buy much of the software so have to try to make do with what I already have.

Speedy Gonzales
02-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Umm well the PVR program records in MPEG 1 or 2 format.

All u have to do after is use Nerovision to burn it to DVD (from the MPEG format), it converts it to DVD format while its burning it to DVD.

Only thing with Nerovision, u may also need plugins to get certain options, which arent free.

With the PVR program, it can also record directly to DVD. BUT, depending on whether your system can keep up with it burning to DVD is another matter.

minster
02-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Thank's Speedy:D
I'll need to do a bit more looking at pvr later today.
What if/when the file size is too large for dvd??
Looked at the editting functions for nero and makes me wanna weep :groan: .... would far rather just leave adverts in and compress:D

My pc is intel 3.oGhz
Radeon 9200
1gb ram
80 hdd-----40gb free space

Speedy Gonzales
02-09-2006, 03:20 PM
You can edit video before u burn it in Nerovision. Using Nerovision express.

Again depending on whether the option is there.

If u have XP u can load it in Moviemaker.

Altho its better if the hard drive is formatted in NTFS. For things u record with the PVR program.