PDA

View Full Version : Trying to remember books from childhood

Morgenmuffel
30-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Good afternoon class

fold your arms and cross your legs

are you sitting comfortably, then lets begin

Well sitting here trying to avoid work and begining to suspect i am suffering early onset dementia

i thought about books from my childhood, and unfortunately (as is always the case), my brain got stuck on trying to remember 2 of them

book number

1) A village saves itself from an infestation of bees by making a large jam sandwich, which they slam shut when all the bees are inside eating Jam
*****edit The Giant Jam Sandwich. John Vernon Lord.******

2) A kid (chinese) steals a splendiferous barge belonging to the grand poobar and then crashes it over a waterfall

not much to go on is it, I think i remember them from my days at Putauaki School in Kawerau, but it may not have been

Lizard
30-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Good afternoon class

fold your arms and cross your legs

are you sitting comfortably, then lets begin

Well sitting here trying to avoid work and begining to suspect i am suffering early onset dementia

i thought about books from my childhood, and unfortunately (as is always the case), my brain got stuck on trying to remember 2 of them

book number

1) A village saves itself from an infestation of bees by making a large jam sandwich, which they slam shut when all the bees are inside eating Jam
*****edit The Giant Jam Sandwich. John Vernon Lord.******

2) A kid (chinese) steals a splendiferous barge belonging to the grand poobar and then crashes it over a waterfall

not much to go on is it, I think i remember them from my days at Putauaki School in Kawerau, but it may not have been

I remember the 1st one - have a copy (bit tattered) kicking round back in Auckland. Don't remember the second one though...

pctek
30-08-2006, 04:09 PM

I vaguely remember that, well not enough to remember its name cause I never read it but I've heard of it.

I remember all the books I read.
Mostly a lot of Paddington Bear, fairy tales, The Wind in the Willows and one I can't remember the title of about a cat - but hey, it was written in Hungarian which I can't read so I think that lets me off...