PDA

View Full Version : Which TV Capture Format Profile, Winfast TV Deluxe

stone2
27-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Hi all, I have the Leadtek Winfast TV 2000 XP Deluxe TV card and would like to record some programs from the TV.
At the mo I am using the MPEG-2 Optimal Quality setting and then I burn it to dvd to watch in bed . I find this setting does the job but it makes a rather large file for a one hour tv show. I was wondering if I could use another profile to reduce the file size as I'm sure the original signal doesn't come through in mpeg-2 quality.
So what quality does the TV signal come through as? T would like to record the shows in a format that is as good as the original but not better as that is a waste of hard drive space! and I want to be able to play it in the dvd player and not to have to bother converting it after recording.
Any suggestion?
Thanks

lazydog
28-08-2006, 09:59 AM
In the mpeg2 options settings you can eithier lower the bitrate down to about 2000 or else use the mpeg1 format which will probably be good enough for you. All depends on what you want to do with the final product. Either play it back on the computer or play it on a stand alone dvd player.
If your just going to play it back on your computer then theres other codecs you could use such as DIVX.
More help can be found Here (http://www.videohelp.com)