PDA

View Full Version : MS licence xp

slycksrv
27-08-2006, 08:19 PM
have there been any new crack down on MS licences in the last few days? our co. is experiencing "genuine advantage" problems over theweekend, although they should all be running legit copies. seems to occur after they apply update.

apart from ditching ms completely, is there a quick fix when they are completely locked out, can't even logon because of supposed licence prob? the machines are nearly brand new and definitely came with an xp licence, maybe another disk was re-loaded in the meantime? i'm not an expert but it seems like this sort of licencing is ridiculous.

cheers
slyck

Speedy Gonzales
27-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Ring MS and complain.

developer
27-08-2006, 09:01 PM
If each of the computers has its unique copy of XP (unique key), and they havent had many major hardware upgrades, then this shouldnt happen (assuming the computers were purchased from a honest dealer who installs a copy on only one computer). I guess all your XP's are OEM, you can go back and ask the computer dealer to help you solving this problem.

slycksrv
27-08-2006, 09:23 PM
ok cheers.

the product code on belarc/ SIW seems to match up with the label on the side of the pc cases.

the dealer is reputable, but charges exhorbidantly on an hourly rate. they are also at a loss to why its expired, thinking its something that come down in one of the recent upgrades. they have never seen a pc that can't logon because of WGA probs..so just wondering if its happen anywhere else..

slycksrv
27-08-2006, 09:26 PM
belarc just run on the few remaining pc's that haven't been updated though, the ones that are stuffed can't logon at all..

not keen on upgrading any more in case they conk it too..

pcuser42
28-08-2006, 08:39 AM
You can get a non-OEM copy of XP which DOES allow you to install on multiple computers w/o problems. If you decide to get one, try doing a repair install with the new discs.

PaulD
28-08-2006, 09:04 AM
Ring MS and complain.

Why pay again for licences they already have?

Speedy Gonzales
29-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Why pay again for licences they already have?

Who said anything about paying?

Greven
29-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Who said anything about paying?

Will Microsoft actually allow you to trade in your OEM keys for a volume lisence key, or are you suggesting they use a pirated key?

Speedy Gonzales
29-08-2006, 08:42 PM
I said complain to MS if youre having probs. My comment wasnt saying dont pay for it at all

I didnt say anything about pirating either.

The only reason why you're getting locked out is you're using the same key for all the PC's. Coz after 30 days, whatever hasnt been activated it'll lock u out.

And I didnt say anything about volume licensing either. Or take it back to the shop where you purchased it from, and replace it or get a refund and go somewhere else.

PaulD
29-08-2006, 09:13 PM
The only reason why you're getting locked out is you're using the same key for all the PC's. Coz after 30 days, whatever hasnt been activated it'll lock u out.

It was pcuserwinxp that was suggesting a new copy of XP. The OP has said already that each PC seems to have the correct key matching the case sticker.