PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Current Settings to an old backup

dantiberian
26-08-2006, 09:07 PM
It has come time for me to reinstall the image of my brand new computer again. I have a couple of questions. Particularly if i just drop the current documents and settings folders onto the new installation once it is back on without mucking anything up. Also if anyone knows where the Itunes library settings are kept because i think they're somewhere other than in my documents. Thanks in advance. Also any tips on reinstalling would be nice

Jen
02-09-2006, 12:05 AM
According to Apple the iTunes library settings should be here (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93732).

Some tips would be to make sure you have downloaded to CD all the drivers you require. This includes motherboard, video, audio, printers, scanners, modem and your Antivirus program latest update etc. You could also take the time to partition your hard drive and put Windows on C, and all your personal data onto the D partition. This means when you reinstall again, your personal stuff will not be touched.

Don't forget to install the critical and security updates from Windows, and turn on the Windows XP firewall until you have installed a more robust Firewall.

Others are bound to have other useful tips. :)