PDA

View Full Version : PC won't shut down properly

Wolfgraen
26-08-2006, 02:44 PM
This is a custom-made PC I built myself running the Windows XP Pro SP2 OS that I've had for 2 years now and this problem just started a couple weeks ago. Any time I try to shut down my computer it goes through the normal processes and the software eventually shuts off like normal and the screen goes blank. However, the tower and all the components are still getting power even after the software has shut down. I can still hear all my fans running and the lights are still on. I have to physically turn off the |/O switch on the back of the case for it to completely shut down. I read on another site that I needed to go in to the Power Options under the Control Panel and enable/disable the option under the ABM tab (don't remember exactly which option it was). The only problem with that is my Power Options doesn't have an ABM tab. I've already checked my BIOS settings and I have ACPI enabled. I don't know what else I need to do. If you need me to list any specific system specs just say which ones you need and I'll respond asap with that information.