PDA

View Full Version : Problem with icons on desktop

Tim711
25-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi,
I have a problem with the icons on my desktop. I dont know what I did, but they all now have a blue background behind the name of the icon as if they are highlighted or clicked on. I played around with the themes and appearence properties for the desktop, but no luck. Its just very annoying to have all the icons look like they are highlighted but are not. Anyone out there know what to do? Thanks a lot!

Jen
25-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Welcome to PressF1 :)

I am guessing you are using WinXP? To correct this go into Control Panel > System > Advanced Tab. Under Performance click the Settings button. Put a tick beside "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" - then click Apply.

Is your computer up to specifications to run XP? Sometimes XP will disable certain features automatically if you do not have enough RAM to support them.

Let us know if this resolves it, or if you use a different operating system.

Fishy
25-08-2006, 07:24 PM
if your on XP right click the desktop and hover the mouse over "arrange icons by" and make sure "lock web items on desktop" is not ticked.

Tim711
26-08-2006, 06:10 AM
Hey guys, thanks for both suggetions on how to fix my problem, but neither of them did the job so far. I am using Windows XP. Thanks a lot for the help so far, and I will be waiting for any other suggestions anyone has. Thanks again!