PDA

View Full Version : Sound problem

Thomas01
21-08-2006, 10:43 AM
I must be a very unusual person these days. I don't like constant background music, or noise (so often these days the same thing!)
So my amplified speakers which have their own mains socket are invariably turned off.
Very occasionally I need them - so switch on. But I have to reboot my computer before I get any result.
I would like to be able to leave my sound off all the time and turn it on without rebooting if anybody knows how.
Tom

Sweep
21-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Have you a volume control on the desktop for the sound card? You can leave everything on and just mute the sound. Click the mute button again and you have sound if you want it.

Thomas01
21-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Have you a volume control on the desktop for the sound card? You can leave everything on and just mute the sound. Click the mute button again and you have sound if you want it.

This would not work for me. I have the same switched socket feeding my combined scanner/printer and the speakers. I rarely print, scan, or have any interest in music etc. So that socket is more or less always off.
It's convenient for me that way. Of course I may be asking for something not possible - but I feel sure that at one time I used to do just the same as I am doing now and when I wanted sound - all I had to do was switch it on.
Tom