PDA

View Full Version : Changing Windows Startup Sound

Term_X
20-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Hey Team

Was messing with changing the startup sound and did it easily , but its pretty short, was wanting like it playing for a minute, i had a whole song as the startup but windows only played about 15 seconds.

Is it possible to make it play longer?

Cheers

Term X

Win XP Pro

Edit: Okay just rebooted and it was a paltry 10 seconds lol

developer
20-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Instead of having a long start up sound, you can try executing your player to play a long song at start up (either put in registry or startup directory), this will play your song for the full length.

Trev
20-08-2006, 10:59 PM
But remember your computer well take longer to startup as it has to load the song in as well.

Trevor :)

Term_X
20-08-2006, 11:03 PM
thanks developer and trev, can you describe exactly step by step how to do this? You mentioned getting my mp3 player to do this, rather than change it the sound scheme settings which is what i did .

Cheers!

SurferJoe46
21-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Since Windows recognizes .wav files the easiest when it's booting, just use Audacity to convert something you want to run into .wav format and then browse for it and set it as the Windows Startup Sound.

Be sure to save the old sounds as some name you can recognize first..then feel free to make as many different sounds as you like in the sounds area.

>>MY COMPUTER
>>CONTROL PANEL
>>Sounds And Audio Devices
>>Sounds tab....and go from there.

Term_X
21-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Thanks SurferJoe, got that part sussed, but windows only plays 10 seconds of the wav file regardless of how long it is. I was wanting it to play at least 30 seconds worth.

Cheers

Term X