PDA

View Full Version : graphic settings problem plz help

lethan
20-08-2006, 05:45 PM
it only just started occuring the last few days, when i play world of warcraft and alt tab/minimize to do something and come back to the game the graphics textures would be like pixelated or of very low quality like as if i had lowered the settings but i haven't, the settings was still on high, in game settings has not been changed at all..

i have a program for the video card ( ati radeon 9600se 128mb) called catalyst which lets me change the settings...but same thing occurs when i alt tab or minimise the game. the settings in catalysts application would reset, while the ingame settings would remain. im going nutty over this , please help me. is my card stuffed ? or a virus?

please help :D

chiefnz
20-08-2006, 05:58 PM
It's not a good idea to [alt+tab] from a 3D app or game in your case to the Windows Desktop. It puts a strain on resources that have already been allocated to your game. Hence why you're getting what appears to be a lower graphics setting.

I suggest that if you're wanting to do something else other than finish your game, then exit out of it properly and do whatever you need to do.

Alt+tab is just going to mess things up.

Next thing you know you'll be having random OS crashes.

Cheers

chiefnz