PDA

View Full Version : i cant play games..

jonkimnicko
20-08-2006, 12:28 AM
ok...first i bought a new video card named NVIDIA GeForce MX 4000...then i bought some ram...like 512mb...i have a windowXP sp2 operating system...got a brand new monitor...then this problem comes...

before i have installed this videocard...i got this game(ragnarok) playing perfectly...then after ived installed this videocard...the screen flashes with black coloe and sometimes showed input not supported...wat shall i do?

developer
20-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Before install the new card, uninstall the driver of the old card. After install the new card, install the driver for the new card. Make sure the required DirectX is installed too.

By the way, mx4000 is not for new games.

pctek
20-08-2006, 10:11 AM
then i bought some ram...like 512mb
Like 512? Whats like 512, I thought you either got 512 or you didn't, is this some new type of virtual 512 then?

jonkimnicko
20-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Before install the new card, uninstall the driver of the old card. After install the new card, install the driver for the new card. Make sure the required DirectX is installed too.

By the way, mx4000 is not for new games.

i have unistalled the old one...and the old one is shred..its the prosavage ddr or something....mx400 is not for games? man..... :eek:

Ripdog
20-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Note the fact that he said NEW games, it is a rather old and slow card, but should run Ragnarok fine. Developers solution should fix the problem.

Speedy Gonzales
20-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Download Drivercleaner Pro (http://www.drivercleaner.net)

Install this in normal windows, uninstall the old drivers, reboot.

Boot into safe mode, run driver cleaner. Select the Nvidia option (make sure its nothing else but the Nvidia option). It'll remove all Nvidia entries (to do with the videocard drivers), on the system. As if the drivers havent been installed before.

That way, it'll be a clean install of the latest drivers. Reboot.

Then install the latest version of the videocard drivers.

jonkimnicko
21-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Download Drivercleaner Pro (http://www.drivercleaner.net)

Install this in normal windows, uninstall the old drivers, reboot.

Boot into safe mode, run driver cleaner. Select the Nvidia option (make sure its nothing else but the Nvidia option). It'll remove all Nvidia entries (to do with the videocard drivers), on the system. As if the drivers havent been installed before.

That way, it'll be a clean install of the latest drivers. Reboot.

Then install the latest version of the videocard drivers.

ok made that already...but unfortunately it didint work...man...i think the only solution for this is to buy a new videocard which i cant afford to have...i hate nvidia.. :annoyed:

silvero
21-08-2006, 06:06 PM
'input not supported' on a black screen usually means the display mode being output by the video card can't be handled by the monitor.

Try changing the game resolution and refresh rate (downwards) to get the game to run, then increase them to the best your monitor and system can handle.

jonkimnicko
21-08-2006, 06:10 PM
'input not supported' on a black screen usually means the display mode being output by the video card can't be handled by the monitor.

Try changing the game resolution and refresh rate (downwards) to get the game to run, then increase them to the best your monitor and system can handle.

ok...ived done that...the lowest refresh rate my monitor can hadle is 60hertz and the highest is 75...the game resolution is 100+ by 800+(highest screen resolution or something like that...then ived changed it to 600+ by something(this is the lowest screen resolution)...but it still crashes or displays output not supported....

this videocard can only play gunbound...no other games like generals, gta:vice city, ragnarok,battle realms and others...

silvero
21-08-2006, 06:19 PM
You may have changed the screen resolution to 640x480, going that low probably (hopefully) isn't necessary, but the refresh rate is just as important to get right.

Try game resolution of 800x600 and refresh rate of 60 Hz, if 60 is not on the list then go for 75 and see what happens.

jonkimnicko
21-08-2006, 07:33 PM
You may have changed the screen resolution to 640x480, going that low probably (hopefully) isn't necessary, but the refresh rate is just as important to get right.

Try game resolution of 800x600 and refresh rate of 60 Hz, if 60 is not on the list then go for 75 and see what happens.

ok...it works...tnx man...but the screen blackout is not gone yet.. it flashes the black color but not like before (before it was 25 blackouts per minute..).....now it was reduced to 2-5 blackouts per minute...

so this means i cant play ragnarok with the screen resolution of 1000 by something?

jonkimnicko
21-08-2006, 07:52 PM
ok...it works...tnx man...but the screen blackout is not gone yet.. it flashes the black color but not like before (before it was 25 blackouts per minute..).....now it was reduced to 2-5 blackouts per minute...

so this means i cant play ragnarok with the screen resolution of 1000 by something?

ok...it works...but after i played ragnarok (now) i cant open ragnarok itself....man....it just crashes....what will i do?

NOTE: sorry for double posting....

silvero
21-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Ok, I can't quite understand what the problem is now, but what I suggest you do is try another game at the same resolution and see if the problem is just with ragnarok or with every full screen game.

jonkimnicko
21-08-2006, 09:37 PM
Ok, I can't quite understand what the problem is now, but what I suggest you do is try another game at the same resolution and see if the problem is just with ragnarok or with every full screen game.

ok...i can play games with that resolution or higher (the game is gunbound)...but not with gta vice city or ragnarok online..

silvero
21-08-2006, 10:12 PM
OK when you run ragnarok setup try these options:

- Top box has graphics rendering options, try a directdraw or a 2D option if it exists
- make sure full screen is ticked
- 640x480 resolution
- 2D sound
- Leave the other sound options at defaults
- Make sure Check for VooDoo, Use Lightmap & Enable Fog are all unchecked
- Sprite Detail and Texture detail sliders are move all the way left

jonkimnicko
22-08-2006, 10:59 PM
ok ived made that except for some options...i dnt want to play the game without objects...but this setting greatly reduces blackouts...so this means i wont use the nvidia geforce as my graphics rendering?

my current settings:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j102/jonkimnicko/untitled.jpg

silvero
22-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Nice one with the screenshot, first try putting the two sliders at the bottom, Sprite Detail and Texture Detail, all the way to the left, select GeForceMX 4000 see what happens. Next try the same settings with Direct3D HAL and see which is better. Stick with the better renderer and try increasing the other settings and see how you get on.

However you should not be getting blackouts at all, and if you are not satisfied after this I would suggest testing with a different monitor and then removing the video card and playing with onboard video to try to isolate the cause of the blackouts.

It could be a settings/game problem, or it could be a faulty piece of hardware, or even a cable, and the fastest way to get to the problem is to isolate the fault.

jonkimnicko
23-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Nice one with the screenshot, first try putting the two sliders at the bottom, Sprite Detail and Texture Detail, all the way to the left, select GeForceMX 4000 see what happens. Next try the same settings with Direct3D HAL and see which is better. Stick with the better renderer and try increasing the other settings and see how you get on.

However you should not be getting blackouts at all, and if you are not satisfied after this I would suggest testing with a different monitor and then removing the video card and playing with onboard video to try to isolate the cause of the blackouts.

It could be a settings/game problem, or it could be a faulty piece of hardware, or even a cable, and the fastest way to get to the problem is to isolate the fault.

tnx....i have a nother question..if i remove the videocard(mx4000)...windows will still show images but its very slow....ived tried my old onboard videocard(s3 graphics) but wen i tried to install it it says "it cant be unistalled or sometimes it says installation failed"....how can i use my old onboard videocard if this message always appear?

Speedy Gonzales
23-08-2006, 10:27 PM
tnx....i have a nother question..if i remove the videocard(mx4000)...windows will still show images but its very slow....ived tried my old onboard videocard(s3 graphics) but wen i tried to install it it says "it cant be unistalled or sometimes it says installation failed"....how can i use my old onboard videocard if this message always appear?

If u took the mx out and the onboard is disabled in the BIOS, enable it.

When u were trying to play whatever game/s was the onboard video enabled or disabled?

jonkimnicko
23-08-2006, 11:22 PM
If u took the mx out and the onboard is disabled in the BIOS, enable it.

When u were trying to play whatever game/s was the onboard video enabled or disabled?

disabled...

jonkimnicko
26-08-2006, 06:58 PM
ok...here is the result...old monitor with nvidia=better...old monitor w/o nvidia=best..but im currently testing new monitor w/o nvidia...i think the video card i bought is kinda old...ill just post here for updates..

jonkimnicko
26-08-2006, 07:58 PM
ok...the results (final): (lightmaps, effects, texture detail,etc.at max and at max resolution)
1. videocard with old monitor=better
2.no videocard with new monitor=best
3.no videocard with old monmitor=best

conclusion...i think the problem is with the viedoecard itself(hardware)...

NOTE:sorry for double posting again...

jonkimnicko
13-11-2006, 05:06 PM
ok...i have to revive this topic...im kinda tired of playing by removing the nvidia videocard and using applications by using the nvidia video card.. im tired of removing and placing it again...is there a way to repair this thing(w/o buying another videocard)? because after so many games ived tried....games with 2d views like yu-gi-oh and some 3d games like sims are playing on this pc with the videocard...but if u play warcraft or ran online, the screen just freezes...