PDA

View Full Version : no broadband after hibernation or standby

paulb
19-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Hi
Whenever I put my computer into hibernation or allow it to go into standby with the screensaver I always have to restart to get my internet connection back. Is this a firewall (ZoneAlarm) problem or computer problem? Any ideas how to sort out much appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

gibler
19-08-2006, 04:00 PM
No mention of operating system ....but for XP: disable sleeping NIC (http://help.insightbb.com/troubleshooting/windows/disable_npc_xp.aspx)

Speedy Gonzales
19-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Could be ZA, if its turning its proxy service off.

Or u could try this fix (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;amp;amp;displaylang=en&familyid=9D20F96A-A8D6-4627-89F7-787CD9B3852C&displaylang=en) if u have SP2.

supergran
19-08-2006, 05:12 PM
I had this problem last week when I first installed broadband. My solution was to turn off standby and hibernation, and now, never loose broadband. If you do a search for my name, you will find a post that told me how to turn it off etc.

My monitor and hard drive do turn off, but can't remember what I did.

pctek
19-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Hi
Whenever I put my computer into hibernation or allow it to go into standby with the screensaver I always have to restart to get my internet connection back. Is this a firewall (ZoneAlarm) problem or computer problem? Any ideas how to sort out much appreciated.
Thanks
Paul
Ethernet or USB connection?
Its a PC problem.

phar
20-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Cheers for that tip. I had the same problem :thumbs:

paulb
20-08-2006, 04:44 PM
No mention of operating system ....but for XP: disable sleeping NIC (http://help.insightbb.com/troubleshooting/windows/disable_npc_xp.aspx)

Sorry, yes it's XP Home, SP2.
Cheers

tweak'e
20-08-2006, 06:57 PM
you havn't said if its internal modem, external USB or external ETHERNET.

if its ethernet have you turned off the power saving for the nic card? what make/model is it?

paulb
21-08-2006, 09:55 PM
you havn't said if its internal modem, external USB or external ETHERNET.

if its ethernet have you turned off the power saving for the nic card? what make/model is it?

Hi, it's an external adsl modem/router (Alcatel/Thompsom 510). I have turned off the power saving for the nic card with no success.
Paul

Renmoo
21-08-2006, 11:08 PM
I have this problem too with dial-up! I can dial 087303030 to connect to the Internet, but upon connection, I can't use any Internet applications at all as if there isn't a connection.

Cheers :)

Speedy Gonzales
21-08-2006, 11:21 PM
I have this problem too with dial-up! I can dial 087303030 to connect to the Internet, but upon connection, I can't use any Internet applications at all as if there isn't a connection.

If u cant browse either with IE, Opera, or FF, once u connect, having NIS or ZA installed will give u this prob.

As stated in other posts, once their proxy service stops, so does your browsing. Until u restart the service.

Renmoo
21-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Hi Speedy. I don't have ZA installed on my computer and NIC? I don't think I can disable the Networking Power Control Features on dial-up... or can I?